first i need to know if theis post should be in this section.

i just need to know what type of speaker wire i need. im getting a FI 12" BL, do i get 16 gauge? or 12? how many feet? the amp will be right next to the box so im thinking something like 3-4 feet. the amp wire im thinking about getting is KLM 1/0 Amplifier Installation Kit by Knukonceptz. i also need to know the fuse type my amp will be a

Hifonics BXi 1610D

1600W RMS, Brutus BXi Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier

is that a good amp?!?!

If you dont have that amp and your still looking for an amp what is your budget? If you get that amp a 150Amp fuse would be fine, 12 or 10 gauge speaker wire will do with that sub. How long of wire will depend on box size and how much to get to amp, I ordered like 4 or 5 ft, just get a estimate and if your unsure then it never hurts to have an extra foot just to be safe then sorry.

i was hoping to get that amp cause it is in my budget. im trying not to spend over $1,000. the amp on sonic electronix is only $219, plus i get free shipping due to my location. my dream amp would be a Sundown Audio SAZ-2000 or a SAZ-1500

That amp will be fine since it is in your budget, cant really think of anything of the top of my head but you could always check out the For Sale Section on this forum since amps are being sold all the time.

so 1000$ for the whole build? and you spent about 300 on the sub correct? so that leaves 700$ for amp, wiring, box and anything else you may need. so a nice expensive amp is out of the question... but you could still get the aq1200 ( Audioque: Amps: AQ1200D ) for 250$ and have plenty of power for the bl. and if you got all welding wire that would save some money as well. ( www.weldingsupply.com - main menu ) these are my recommendations. if you get the aq make sure you get the d2 BL. and you can always get rca's on ebay and use almost any type of wire for a remote. if you order welding cable just make sure to remember that its gauge is smaller than car audio gauge, so like 2 gauge is smaller than car audio 2 gauge. and 2/0 is more like car audio's 1/0. i would also invest in a good battery. i dont know too much about batteries so i wont recommend any.

just my .02$

just get a couple extra feet of the speaker wire just in case, it will only cost a couple extra bucks and it's better than being frustrated as hell and waiting to get more.

also makes you flexible incase you decide to change location of the amp

Edited by Frostedflakejake

well ive calculated everything and it cam out to 900 something without speaker wire. and I'm willing to pay anything for a good ported box. and I've seen many systems with the same power consumption with stock electrical, so i'm fine with batteries i will get a voltage meter if someone could give me a link to a store that sells them (cant find one)

how do i know what type of fuse to get? and what about the gauge? im thinking about 1/0 but should i go with 0? and how do i hook up the ground? that has always confused me. do i hook it up to the battery, then the chassis? do i bolt it down to any free metal or what?

how do i know what type of fuse to get? and what about the gauge? im thinking about 1/0 but should i go with 0? and how do i hook up the ground? that has always confused me. do i hook it up to the battery, then the chassis? do i bolt it down to any free metal or what?

volt meter's can be found on ebay, or at hifisoundconnection.

1/0 will work fine, check knu konceptZ

connect ground to a sanded off part of the chassis

im going to get knu lol. im bad with cars i dont want to sound retarded and i know my friend would beat me for this question but remind me of the chassis please.....

im going to get knu lol. im bad with cars i dont want to sound retarded and i know my friend would beat me for this question but remind me of the chassis please.....

the frame, if you lift up your carpet in trunk, under the seats, pretty much anywhere you will see the chassis

thought 1/0 and 0 were the same thing

1/0 AWG is 0 gauge

i still need to know what fuse i need. would a 150A fuse be good for 1600 Watts?

Yeah a 150A fuse will be find, music is dynamic so you wont see 1600 watts anyway.

Yeah a 150A fuse will be find, music is dynamic so you wont see 1600 watts anyway.

alright thank you. im going to do a little calculations and find out the total cost and then post it cause im bored lol