hondakilla98

1 RE SX ported vs 1 XCON ported VS 2 XCON's sealed

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you run off a 1500d for a daily system (not spl)

• 1 RE SX 15 Ported in 4 cu ft
    • 1 XCON 15 Ported in 4 cu ft
    • 2 XCON 15's Sealed in 6 cu ft

I currently have an RE SX15D4 in a 4 cu ft net box tuned to 31 hertz running off an SAZ-1500D. I want cleaner bass with equivalent output or more. So I was thinking about just buying an XCON 15 Dual 2 and putting it in my current box. Then while i was looking at the classifieds forum i found 2 XCON dual 1 15's for sale for just over $500. Basically $100 more than buying 1 new XCON. If i bought them i'd put them in a sealled box 6 cu ft net. So i guess i'm asking what would you do? And i'm also wondering about power. I don't want to get a bigger amp than i have now. So if you don't think the 1500 will be up to the task of 2 15" XCON's @1 ohm sealed let me know. I'm not looking for an "SQ" setup, I want something that sounds great while i'm driving around, but also be able to get loud when I want to show off. My front stage for now will consist of Focal access series 6.5" seperates running off an alpine mrp-f250 then after it gets fixed an eclipse 3242 running active 50 watts rms each channel. And after this batch of upgrades I plan on getting better mids and eventually getting a bigger amp for my mids. I saw Sir Lancelots build log with 2 sealed XCON's which is what sparked this idea.

I voted sealed, but I don't count.

I voted sealed as well. :)

Is there not enough space to run the pair of Xcons ported?? :(

I don't want to lose 8 cu ft. I gives people rides all the time and need the space for bags.

Right now my sub fires up and my port faces back. If I go sealed should I face the subs back?

Tell them to hold their own damn bags! You need your bass! :)

If they had smaller bags I would. But strippers carry alot crap. It looks like they're going for a week vacation or something.

If they had smaller bags I would. But strippers carry alot crap. It looks like they're going for a week vacation or something.

Strippers are supposed t wear almost nothing! WTF?

Strippers are supposed t wear almost nothing! WTF?

lol

In that case, sealed for sure. You don't want anything questionable being sucked into the port by accident, or hidden there on purpose. ;)

In that case, sealed for sure. You don't want anything questionable being sucked into the port by accident, or hidden there on purpose. ;)

:peepwall: "Officer, I can explain. That is soooo not mine!"