was wondering if it is a good idea to have your amp mounted to your sub box-seems like there would be a lot of bumping to raddel something lose over time in the amp having it mounted to the side

Edited by 383cutty

Welcome :drink40: Nice rides bro!

62 and still rocking ( wow) makes my 42 feel young again. Welcome to the forum.

was wondering if it is a good idea to have your amp mounted to your sub box-seems like there would be a lot of bumping to raddel something lose over time in the amp having it mounted to the side

It will come down to space and personal preference, there are many people who mount them to the box with no problem. Lately some people and including myself are adding rubber pads or plastic feet between amps and box if your mounting on enclosure. If you have room else where in your car for amps and your worried about mounting them on your amps then mount them there. If you need any other info on the subject here is a topic on it:

mounting amp on enclosure - SSA Car Audio Forum

Hope it helps.

I don't do it mysefl but I see lots of guys on this forum with amps mounted to the box. The old school Rockford amps like the Punch 150's of the 80's always blew that fuse on the inside when you mounted it to the box. Most company say mount your amp in a vertical position to achieve max air flow. I think it's ok to do as long as you have good air flow

Thank you all for your input ,, your making my job alot easier

can't wait to get my box design - got every thing else - - I orderd the design 2 days after I order the amp and box, got that stuff last thursday. I hate it when your ready to do something and you can't just case of a piece of paper lol

oh well Ill just look at the sub and rock my head back and forth and act like its beating harder than shit :)

who or how do you contact the disign people about a box you have paid for but not gotton yet

Edited by 383cutty