CadillacMatt

Cell service

I have Sprint and use the Palm Centro, it was good at first, had the data plan and could use google maps, NFL mobile live(watch live Games) and it was overall a good phone. After i got rid of the data plan it seems to be just a plain phone again! But i have come to find out the thing has horrible battery life. Likes to restart itself for no reason. And the touch screen can be kinda finicky. Also nearly every time i wanna "wake it up" i seem to press the email button then i have to wait for the email to open then go back to the main menu. I might just also have some gorilla thumbs! The phone does have some great features. I can open different office documents, excel, word that stuff, but again without internet i cant dl them from emails or anything so kinda useless. I have loved the phone, i have added some nice games, and it syncs nicely with my Outlook express for updating saved appointments and whatever else. I use a Bluetooth dongle on my comp to be able to sync the phone and comp. Works really nice. And adding pics or songs are a breeze.

But since my contract is up i was debating about getting a storm. But i am not sure now, i have heard almost nothing but bad things about it. I did hear that the V.2 was alot better. And ideas? Well man GL with it all!!!

To be completely honest with you, I can't make any raves or rants 'bout the Storm 2 since I have no experience with it... RIM might've figured out how badly they screwed up with the first one and made the proper changes to it. It was sort of a rush job due to the overwhelming success of the iPhone in '08, it got pushed out the door while practically still in development. The most recent software version (which was released in February mind you) fixed about 75% of the problems plaguing the phone (battery life has increased 4 fold from the initial software release!) , but it is far from bug free, and if I'm not mistaken both the Storm 1 & 2 share the same software, but 2 has double the device memory... if you want to read up on it a bit more I foundthis website with a video comparing the two. :)

Edited by CadillacMatt