Tosh Henderson

want to see what can be done

Andrew I pm'd you,and you suggested to start a thread so here goes. I have 36"w x 16"h x 19"d . want a ported box tuned to 32 htz. I'm trying to fit 2 12" IA lethal injections port and sub back or 1 15" xcon sub up port back. dont know if i have the room to get a box built for either. If not I would like a box for single 12" xcon sub and port back. maybe able to give a inch or 2 on the depth and height if you need it.

Edited by DUKE71

Andrew I pm'd you,and you suggested to start a thread so here goes. I have 36"w x 16"h x 19"d . want a ported box tuned to 32 htz. I'm trying to fit 2 12" IA lethal injections port and sub back or 1 15" xcon sub up port back. dont know if i have the room to get a box built for either. If not I would like a box for single 12" xcon sub and port back. maybe able to give a inch or 2 on the depth and height if you need it.

Why don't you measure your space and give accurate measurements so you don't get a box built that won't fit. If your unsure about your measurements then get some cardboard and make a mockup box and see if it fits.

The deminsions will fit I'm unsure if the box built whithin those specs will have enough space for subs I would like to use . 36 w x 17h x 19d is the space I want to use so I can have cargo space left,but the vehicle is a suv I'm just going to slide box in

Edited by DUKE71

I'm pretty sure I can fit the two 12's. Let me get a design going today and I will post results later.

Andrew

With the dimension of 19 deep, 36 wide, and 17 tall it is not possible to fit a standard slot port.

Are you ok with aero ports? I could use two 4 inch ports and make it fit.

Andrew

With the dimension of 19 deep, 36 wide, and 17 tall it is not possible to fit a standard slot port.

Are you ok with aero ports? I could use two 4 inch ports and make it fit.

Andrew

Trying not to use aero, how much more space needed to get them in?

Which direction did you want to go more? Hight, Width or Depth?

Also I am just curious why you want to stay away from aero? I am trying to get a general feel for aero's and so far not one of the enclosures I have built have been aero. I want to get the customers view on why they are staying away from them.

Thank you for your help, Andrew

Also I am just curious why you want to stay away from aero? I am trying to get a general feel for aero's and so far not one of the enclosures I have built have been aero. I want to get the customers view on why they are staying away from them.

more depth. I just never heard a aero port set up I liked. Also you do such awsome work with your slots,wanted my box to have it. But if we can get it to fit then I may have to change my set up idea. No matter the final design your getting my buisness.Thnx

more depth. I just never heard a aero port set up I liked. Also you do such awsome work with your slots,wanted my box to have it. But if we can get it to fit then I may have to change my set up idea. No matter the final design your getting my buisness.Thnx

oh hell , you probably heared prefab enclosures , you are asking to get a custom build box , it will be far better than what you're used to , not that I know Andrew from argent audio , in fact I live on the other end of the world but I doubt He'd offer to build boxes if he were not capable of doing so .

an aeroport does exactly the same as a wellbuild slotted port , infact you need to put in quite some work to get a slotted port to be as good as an aeroport .

oh hell , you probably heared prefab enclosures , you are asking to get a custom build box , it will be far better than what you're used to , not that I know Andrew from argent audio , in fact I live on the other end of the world but I doubt He'd offer to build boxes if he were not capable of doing so .

an aeroport does exactly the same as a wellbuild slotted port , infact you need to put in quite some work to get a slotted port to be as good as an aeroport .

Ok thats good to hear, well Andrew you see this post so shoot me your design with aeroport and see what you have in mind

And also the slot design with the added depth. Let's try

sub up port back same w x h. And add the depth you need

Edited by DUKE71

Not to thread jack, but just wondering with all the talk about aeroports, how much space would you save compared to a slot port? I'm considering to use aeroports on the next box I have built but it seems like slot porting is the way to go on here.

Not to thread jack, but just wondering with all the talk about aeroports, how much space would you save compared to a slot port? I'm considering to use aeroports on the next box I have built but it seems like slot porting is the way to go on here.

I will post a comparison in about 5 min.

Andrew

Ok Duke, here is what I came up with

23 - Deep

17 - Tall

36.375 - Width

4 Cubes @ 32 Hz

4 Cubes of Air Space

.26 Cubes Sub Disp

.096 Bracing

Double Baffle and Flush Mount

(This is the slot port design)

Andrew

The aero port box will be

21.25 - Deep

15.25 - Tall

36- Wide

1 6 inch aero port.

Subs up, port back.

Andrew

Ok Duke, here is what I came up with

23 - Deep

17 - Tall

36.375 - Width

4 Cubes @ 32 Hz

4 Cubes of Air Space

.26 Cubes Sub Disp

.096 Bracing

Double Baffle and Flush Mount

(This is the slot port design)

Andrew

I like this one! Is it sub up port back? or whichever? Dont think im being a arseho but I have been checking into the sundown sa12's as well as a single xcon 15" as you know. But the space required is the same just have to make the final call for which one. Going to give you the green light to build in just a bit. thnx for being helpful. What do I need to do to finalize order and make payment?

When you decide which sub(s) your going to go with then we can take it to the next step of confirming the design. :)

Andrew

When you decide which sub(s) your going to go with then we can take it to the next step of confirming the design. :)

Andrew

cool, will tell you asap. great customer serc.

Andrew , I want to do the 2 12" IA Lethal injections subs up port back. What next?

Ok let me get a design rolling, it will be up tomorrow AM at the latest.

Andrew

Andrew

cool, will tell you asap. great customer serc.

Ya dude, not to hate on anyone, but I've attempted to do business with other companies on this forum and Andrew has given me the best customer service by far. You can count on fast response wen others don't ever reply at all

Not a big deal, whatever looks and works the best

Sorry for the slow reply.

Here is what I came up with.

23 Inches - Depth

16.75 Inches - Height

33.5 Inches - Width

4 cubes @ 32 Hz

Single Baffle and flush mount, the subs will be centered front to back, but will be off set a little to the right.

14.5 x 4 inch port opening

$175 plus real shipping.

Let me know if you would like me to modify any of the dimensions.

Andrew

Not a big deal, whatever looks and works the best

Sorry for the slow reply.

Here is what I came up with.

23 Inches - Depth

16.75 Inches - Height

33.5 Inches - Width

4 cubes @ 32 Hz

Single Baffle and flush mount, the subs will be centered front to back, but will be off set a little to the right.

14.5 x 4 inch port opening

$175 plus real shipping.

Let me know if you would like me to modify any of the dimensions.

Andrew

sounds good, do you think i should do double baffle? Whats real shipping?

Edited by DUKE71