ssibert

sae 1200dv2 went into protect....HELP!!!!

JUST PURCHASED A NEW 1200D.HAD IT INSTALLED,PLAYED WELL FOR 3 DAYS.AND THE OTHER DAY,I GOT IN MY CAR,STARTED UP,TURNED MY HU ON,THE BLUE LIGHT LIT UP AND TURNED BACK OFF.WENT TO MY TRUNK,AND THE AMP WAS IN PROTECT.FIRST THING I DONE WAS DISCONNECTED MY RCA'S AND SPEAKER WIRES(STILL IN PROTECT)CHECKED MY GROUNDS(THEY WERE CLEAN AND TIGHT)CHECKED MY B+ AND GND(14.2V)CHECKED FUSES(NONE BLOWN)ALL WIRING SEEMS TO BE FINE.I CHECKED EVERYTHING FROM THE BATTERY TO THE AMP(HU INCLUDED)............ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MAY BE THE ISSUE?

don't type in all caps, it's annoying.

Do you have a dmm, make sure your voltage isn't dropping really low, this could fry your amp and im assuming put it into protect mode.

When you turned your car on your headunit turned on and turned back off? If so then your amp most likely isn't the problem, but something electrical.

So will your headunit stay on and play music to anything not connected to your amp?

don't type in all caps, it's annoying.

Do you have a dmm, make sure your voltage isn't dropping really low, this could fry your amp and im assuming put it into protect mode.

When you turned your car on your headunit turned on and turned back off? If so then your amp most likely isn't the problem, but something electrical.

So will your headunit stay on and play music to anything not connected to your amp?

Sorry about the caps.The voltage only dropped to a little over 13 volts......When i turned my headunit on ,the LED on my amps bass remote lit up for a second then turned off.....Yes the HU plays to everything else

I think he might have meant the blue light on the bass control knob. Thats weird i am not sure? Best of luck though.

I think he might have meant the blue light on the bass control knob. Thats weird i am not sure? Best of luck though.

lol.......correct

Mine does it all the time, still works fine.

Contact Jacob and I'm sure you will be taken care of.... Email him direct or contact with this in the sundown section....

your voltage is fine, If it's not too much of a hassle try to ground it to another spot.

your voltage is fine, If it's not too much of a hassle try to ground it to another spot.

i'll try that

i'll try that

scraped another spot down to the metal with a wire brush,pre-drilled my hole,and relocated the ground(same thing)....lol getting frustrated.....

Like I said contact Jacob and he should take care of this problem....

Yeah it was worth a shot, like thehawk said send an email to Jacob at sundown or call him, I believe his email is sundownz@sundownaudio.com

hope it goes well

Yeah it was worth a shot, like thehawk said send an email to Jacob at sundown or call him, I believe his email is sundownz@sundownaudio.com

hope it goes well

thanks guys