BanginGMC

So you know about a Wall huh?

I have never done a wall before, and i am really interested in them. If its not too much trouble i was wondering if i could get schooled on them -- how to prep a truck for a wall, the do's and dont's, bracing, etc. etc. etc.

I would like to become confident before going balls deep into this build and I don't want to be slapped in the face by how little i know half way into the build, ALSO i want to know what i am getting myself into before i start cutting. (ported, 10-20 cubes)

i seen the build a wall build and it had a SHIT load of 2x4s.. would i have to do this to my truck?

The truck will be a 1986 GMC Sonoma (S15) ext cab and the equipment is 2 or 3 (depending on how much space ill have) fully loaded 18" BTLS. The amps will most likely be AQ2200's.

The main thing to keep in mind is that it is STILL a speaker box. Do you plan on competing? I know there are certain rules that apply there.

just research........ got lots of info on walls and 100s of pictures in build logs.

rule #1 is make sure you brace the shit outta the wall before you get smashed by your shit

i think the 2x4's are there just for bracing, outside or inside, they are used bc they are thick and strong so they wont flex.

The main thing to keep in mind is that it is STILL a speaker box. Do you plan on competing? I know there are certain rules that apply there.

Nope, well.. not for audio. It's going to be my Daily Driver Show Truck.

just research........ got lots of info on walls and 100s of pictures in build logs.

rule #1 is make sure you brace the shit outta the wall before you get smashed by your shit

I have researched for a while, but most build logs i find aren't very descriptive, they say what they done, but now how or why.

If you have any, PM me links :)

i think the 2x4's are there just for bracing, outside or inside, they are used bc they are thick and strong so they wont flex.

Yeah thats what i think too.

show me your already bought amps and subs and then i will take some time to help you out.

show me your already bought amps and subs and then i will take some time to help you out.

Cannot decide on equipment untill i know what i can fit.

EDIT: and if i'm capable of getting the enclosure built, -- reason for making this thread.

I don't want to be stuck with equipment and no home for them.

BUT i do have one of the amps already :fing34:

amp2m.jpg

Edited by BanginGMC

Sort of an oxymoron there isn't it?

The reason why people did whatever things you see in a wall are for a reason: the foam around is to help seal it off, the fabric is there before you spray to stop the foam from damaging your interior, all the extra wood and metal bracing is exactly what it is bracing. What else is there you need to know, it is kinda simle to me just a lot of work.

Sort of an oxymoron there isn't it?

Ina sense yes, but not really.. there is a class when competing in some car shows called Daily Driver.

Here is a link to a wall build in an S-10 truck there are others out there you just have to hunt around.

GenX's build log..4 15' FI BTL's....2 RF T4001's...oh yeah - S-10 Forum

Thank bro!

I wish you were closer man i would love to help with building the wall!!! And i dont see why a daily driver cant be a show vehicle? My daily driver Acura Integra was my show car for almost 3 years! And i have known many people who were in the same situation. Unless you are thinking of the completely nonfunctional show cars, that have motorized headlights and hoods and extremely extravagant stuff. Anyways back on topic, GL with the build man.

I wish you were closer man i would love to help with building the wall!!! And i dont see why a daily driver cant be a show vehicle? My daily driver Acura Integra was my show car for almost 3 years! And i have known many people who were in the same situation. Unless you are thinking of the completely nonfunctional show cars, that have motorized headlights and hoods and extremely extravagant stuff. Anyways back on topic, GL with the build man.

Thanks, and yeah i'll take you up on that offer. :neil:

There are more threads on that website of s-10 wall builds and there are a couple on Steve Meades site. You just have to look through the build logs. Currentlyu I'm figuring out if I want to put 2 xcon 15's in my s-10 xcab. So I'll be watching for your build to see how it turns out.

There are more threads on that website of s-10 wall builds and there are a couple on Steve Meades site. You just have to look through the build logs. Currentlyu I'm figuring out if I want to put 2 xcon 15's in my s-10 xcab. So I'll be watching for your build to see how it turns out.

Yeah i tried looking for some build logs on that s10 forum but no luck. Next is SM.