Sign in to follow this  
tez224

Impact of HO Alternator?

I have an Orion 2500d and 2 Rl-p 15s ported to 31 hz in 5 cubes. Its really loud, but it seems like the subs arent really working that hard/moving that far. Like when I play low notes like Lil Scrappy "No Problems" my whole car shakes but when I watch the subs they barely move. I am running a stock alternator and I think that is a big problem because my amp isnt putting out anywhere near full power. Would a 160 amp alt. be enough or should I save for a 200 or 220 amp alt. I think Im going deaf too. How much improvement am I going to see with an alt.?

you will see an improvment, the gains on the amps can be backed down because you will be providing them much more current,

side note, moving to electrical

have you did the big 3?

and are you having dimming problems?

subs dont move much in ported boxes close to tuneing freq?...... odd but true!-do some reading...ask those who knows!

and going deaf is NO JOKE!

why dontcha spend your money makeing your ride as quiet as possible (soundproofing etc material) and enjoy massive sq @ lower volumes for the rest of your life?

Yes, I did the Big 3 in 1/0 and I have bad dimming problems. Yeah I guess that makes since about the subs moving, they move more on some of the higher notes, but I still dont think they are being pushed to their limits. The only time they make a nasty sound is if my voltage drops to around 12.5 or so. And I was just feeling funny earlier today about my hearing, it sounds better to me now... maybe it was the heat getting to me. I just want to get the most out of my system because its in a trunk with no fold down seat so its hard to get a lot of sound out. Thanks.

cut a hole in your back seats,fire sub straight into cab! :rockwoot:

Yes, I did the Big 3 in 1/0 and I have bad dimming problems. Yeah I guess that makes since about the subs moving, they move more on some of the higher notes, but I still dont think they are being pushed to their limits. The only time they make a nasty sound is if my voltage drops to around 12.5 or so. And I was just feeling funny earlier today about my hearing, it sounds better to me now... maybe it was the heat getting to me. I just want to get the most out of my system because its in a trunk with no fold down seat so its hard to get a lot of sound out. Thanks.

I cant put them in the back seat like you did because the backs of my seats are only 14 inches high. I think Im gonna cut up my rear deck and my back seats and try to get some more sound in the cab. It already fills the cab with air and I can feel some air around me and in my hair, but I wanna be able to do the hair trick!