djphatbone

amp problems

has anyone encounter leviathan and kronos issues? the amp will protect and pop noise from the time you open you headunit it won't go back to normal unless you turn it off and on again. the other thing is when you go full active. theres a noise coming out from the speakers. i tested all my purchase amp and all 10 of them has the same issues. maybe some advice on what to do or what ae the remedy on this problem.

many thanks

I noticed a protect/pop issue on mine, but then I read the manual and noticed why. Haven't had it since, don't have any noise problems either.

Important note: Do NOT power up with the volume level high. The

internal initializing circuits will “see” this as a fault condition and shut the amplifier down.

The protection LED will light and the amplifier will have to be powered down for

>5 seconds and then reset. This has been done to protect all components in the system,

including YOUR ears!

it was done when the volume is at 0 volume. this problem happens when you turn on the headunit not while playing music

You Da' man Bromo.+1.gif

Looks like time for the OP to read the manual.wackit.gif

it was done when the volume is at 0 volume. this problem happens when you turn on the headunit not while playing music

do you have another amp you could test with?

sir i tested all the amp i purchase. and it all have the same issues. i'm the distributor of ZED audio here in the philippines, that's why my stock was left for a long time because of the testing that we're doing.

sir i tested all the amp i purchase. and it all have the same issues. i'm the distributor of ZED audio here in the philippines, that's why my stock was left for a long time because of the testing that we're doing.

What I am asking is if you have they same "noise" with a different amp other than the ZEDs? Is this in a car or a showroom/testbench?

hmm

How exactly are you testing them?

What head unit are you using, any line drivers or anything else you are using?

I have this problem also. The solution presented by Mr. Mantz is to replace a single resistor on the board to increase the time-delay.

@ J- ROADTATTS - yes same noise on different amp, it's even louder on the kronos

@ BROMO - i'm testing it in a normal car sq setup. it's the first time i encounter this kind of problem. with the other amps that i'm selling havn't encounter any of this problem. i'm using an ECLIPSE cd7000 with no line driver it goes straight to the amp.

@ ROLLER - yes Mr. Mantz also sent me some parts to fix the amp but it won't work either.

Bummer to hear all this, I guess I won't buy a ZED amp. problem solved.trink40.gif

Bummer to hear all this, I guess I won't buy a ZED amp. problem solved.trink40.gif

Are you being serious? :(

I get the protect at turn-on occasionally. I think trying a different HU may fix this as not everyone experiences this.

My leviathan is dead quiet. My thought is if the problem is happening with EVERY amp there's something else going on somewhere.

Are you being serious? sad.gif

No not really, otherwise I wouldn't be reading about them. I would LOVE to own a Leviathan and am seriously considering the Leviathan for my next amp purchase. I am interested in what people think of them, just being sassy today.tongue.gif

@ HISPLS - we also test it on other car. and still the same. we tested on other amp no problem at all.

Hopefully Staphen can help you troubleshoot and find the problem. Mine was a very early production too from the DIYMA group buy so I'd think if anything bugs would be ironed out later.

I must say I had more noise in general in my last car but I doubt it was any of the gear since the same gear is really dead quiet in my new install and after a couple months of playing I've only had the turn-on to protect problem about 3 times. It's a shame since the idea of the extra "smart" protection is sound but in application it seems to be not too compatible with many cars/HUs.

I agree with above, I hope Mr Mantz can figure this out.

I get the protect at turn-on occasionally. I think trying a different HU may fix this as not everyone experiences this.

My leviathan is dead quiet. My thought is if the problem is happening with EVERY amp there's something else going on somewhere.

How often? I get it about once every 8-10 turn-ons.

How often? I get it about once every 8-10 turn-ons.

Every 40-50 turn ons for me now, which is odd since with same HU it was happening more like 1 in 10 in my last car?

Reviving this older thread because I am in the market and I am seriously considering this amp. Anyone from SSA or ZED want to chime in. Has this bug been ironed out? So basically if I purchase now am I going to possibly have this issue also?

I really like the amp so far (on paper), so I hope it's all good now!

TIA

ZED reported it was a batch of defective chips. He has gotten in replacement chips and I think the problem is gone.

ZED reported it was a batch of defective chips. He has gotten in replacement chips and I think the problem is gone.

Nice ... good to hear!!!

Is there a way you can find out for sure if this problem has been resolved completely, thanks?

Is there a way you can find out for sure if this problem has been resolved completely, thanks?

He reported that it has and I have not heard anyone mentioning it since. :)

Thanks for the update Aaron :fing34: .