Sign in to follow this  
pedey8

What would work best for me?

HI, I was looking into purchasing 2 15" SSD for my car. I am running a kicker zx1500.1 amp. I was wondering when i was going in to purchase these. what works best with my amp. Dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm.

also is the flatwind coil worth the extra $20 (i have no idea what it actually does). the BP power worth the money? (once again no idea) and what should be decided on the QTS?

If anyone can help me out that would be great. I am wanting to order these as soon as possible so I can get them installed

THANKS

The BP Power is not required but I would get it just for the extra thermal power handling it should give the subwoofer, you should pick the QTS designed for whatever enclosure you want (ported or sealed). The Kicker amp is 2 ohm stable so if you get 2 subs then get Dual 2 ohm and wire them in series to 4 ohms each and they will drop down to a 2 ohm load:

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

ok, thanks a lot.. what are your thoughts on the flatwind coil?

The difference between the two:

Copper Coil: The copper coil is a heavier coil and adds mass to the moving assembly. In comparison to the stock coil, or the flatwound coil, this has the smoothest transitions musically speaking. It is less likely to peak, and is a better overall sub for more Sound Quality based daily drivers.

Flatwind Coil: The flatwire coil option simply helps the power handling of the sub. The coil has more surface area to dissipate heat and will take more power then the regular round wire coil that comes in the ‘stock’ version of the sub. This option will also make the sub tend to be more prone to ‘peaking’ for a budget daily driving sub where you don’t have to use a ton of power to get maximum output and sacrifice sound quality a little bit.

I would stick with Copper Coil unless you want to compete.

alright thanks a lot! im gonna order these right away.

No problem man that is what we are here for, good choice on subs.

Sign in to follow this