60ndown

RL-P XXX COMPARISON?

I CUT PASTE THIS FROM ANOTHER FORUM, is1pimp is the reviewer? look like he got what he wanted?

Amp is a Nine.1 and the box is a 1.0 cubic ft sealed enclosure. I had the RL-P in it for about a week, and the XXX just got put in today, and here are my findings.

These two subwoofers are completely not in the same league as eachother, maybe in SQ they are, but thats about it. The guy that wrote the other writeup comparing the RL-P to the XXX and saying the RL-P almost got as loud, and was the better choice has to be completely insane (no offense to whoever wrote that review ). Or the only explanation is he used 750 watt, and i am using 1200 watts, so i guess before 750 watts, the RL-P is pretty even with the XXX in low power levels.

All i did was switch the RL-P with the XXX, did nothing else whatsover, same box, same amp everything. The first thing i noticed was the XXX has phenomal sound quality, probably about even with the RL-P, maybe the RL-P has a slight slight edge on sound quality but not by much. Comparing the two SPL wise is just not even fair. The RL-P hit nice and solid, but the XXX hits like a freakin animal. It rumbles my entire car from bottom to top, and if you have the windows up with the bass hitting a steady frequency range, it literally blows your hair around. Its absolutely insane, the RL-P does hit hard, but not even close to how hard the XXX hits. I would say the XXX literally hits twice as hard as the RL-P.

This is not meant to bash the RL-P at all, its a great driver, and it is about 200 dollars cheaper than the XXX, all i am saying is that other review wasn't very accurate in my opinion, the XXX completely destroys the RL-P like a little girl output wise, and the drop in sound quality is barely even noticeable.

i've never listened to the xxx but i'm sure its loud...but for $150 less, i'm extremely happy with my rlp...it does a daym good job pounding my head out and sounds great...

for that $150 got a kick ass amp to pound it...total of under $450...

It is just opinion and totally subjective. He wanted crazy bass and he got it with his XXX, yay. I am a little older (20 years at least) and respect my hearing at this point, my RL-p gets plenty loud with 1200 watts going to it. If I wanted to trade my SQ for SPL, I would be running a trio of Brahma's or XXX's myself. I guess all I am saying is I am happy with what I have, and now it sounds like he is too, and if anyone is swayed by strictly his opinion......well let them spend the extra dough, they probabaly wouldn't be satisfied either.

Single 12 on 1200 RMS in a sealed box doing hair tricks with windows up?  Lost all credibility right there.

Describing something by saying that it 'hits nice and solid' did it for me.

Or, comparing and reviewing products after ten minutes of play time could have something to do with it.

Or, comparing and reviewing products in one environment with one set of variables just may have something to do with it as well.

Credability? Did anyone read the "I'm not happy" thread? But, good for him, now he is happy....but I would spent my hard earned on a soloX not a 3X...JMO

where was that thread posted?

and oh yeah I dont ever remember Mike saying the RL-p was designed to make serious SPL, its an SQ driver that has good output

2 questions. what the hell is a soloX? and what the hell is wrong with eD amps :blink:

I locked that topic on CA,

a SoloX is a top end SPL sub from Kicker,

Well, top end being it costs a lot :-p.

Nothing is wrong with using an ED amp. I know I wouldn't, and I know my reasons for not wanting to do so.

Odds are, it'll never give him a problem.

my 12" type e shakes my car from top to bottom, just knocked my center mirror off last week and it aint no pos car, got my a bigol plush DeVille

where was that thread posted?

and oh yeah I dont ever remember Mike saying the RL-p was designed to make serious SPL, its an SQ driver that has good output

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109413

not that i ever go there?

:stupid:

thanks, found it and locked it :poop:

acid, snuck in and got a IATL

my 12" type e shakes my car from top to bottom, just knocked my center mirror off last week and it aint no pos car, got my a bigol plush DeVille

Thanks for the info.

On another note, let's keep the CA.com stuff there. everyone here is more than familiar with both drivers and their capabilities. A simple search can answer any and all questions.

;)

i just feel he has absolutely no credability as a reviewer

he tried to compare his to Kents, but there is just no comparison

Kent's experience > his pretty much lack there of

Kent's willingness to do everything the RE people asked him to > his refusal to do anything SS people asked him

Kent's time spent with each woofer tweaking things to get them just right for each > his 15 minute show in front of his friends

;)

Kent's willingness to do everything the RE people asked him to > his refusal to do anything SS people asked him

Kent's time spent with each woofer tweaking things to get them just right for each > his 15 minute show in front of his friends

could not agree with you more, dude was running a prefab box, and we all know kent is one of the more experience box builders who is active on here, so his quality and time spent on the reivew is much more valid

On another note, let's keep the CA.com stuff there.  everyone here is more than familiar with both drivers and their capabilities.  A simple search can answer any and all questions.

Agreed! There are so many places for drama, let's not make this one of them :Cavalry:

...:lockd:

;)

could not agree with you more, dude was running a prefab box, and we all know kent is one of the more experience box builders who is active on here, so his quality and time spent on the reivew is much more valid

mod power abuse here..lol....i reopened this to say thanks to aaron and tom for the comments..i appreciate that!

and in mike's wishes..this topic is reclosed...lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: