Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

Need help with box building.

Ok so I am going to build my 3rd sub box and i want to know how to cut the bracings and that stuff. And how to port/tune you box. I am going to put it in a car and i want the sub facing upward and the port too. I do not want an L ported i want like square type one. My sub is a 12 Fi SSD. I want it to use half of the trunk but not be so tall just like an inch after the sub fits. But mainly i just want to learn how to do square ports. Any help plz.

Figure out your cubic feet and figure out how many square inches of port per cubic feet you want. General rule of thumb is 12-16 square inches per cubic feet.

And you generally cut your bracing with a saw! ... tongue.gif

Figure out your cubic feet and figure out how many square inches of port per cubic feet you want. General rule of thumb is 12-16 square inches per cubic feet.

And you generally cut your bracing with a saw! ... tongue.gif

Ok thanks i have about 1.9 cubic feet so about 24 sq. inches of port. What goes on after this?

O.k i'm still a little confused what do i do i put in the square vent box Height/ Width. And do i have to figure out the formulas? I'm still a confused.

What's your width and height?

What's your width and height?

I was thinking 6x6x6x6 so it can equal 24 right

That's 36. You multiply the two sides to get the port area. A 4x6 would be 24.

oh i see i thought you add them. How about if i want 2 one on each side. but the number that comes out is 2 long for my box

Edited by cheese20323

O.K after playing with this for a while i think i got it but one question can you add a curve to a square port. Because the port is too long by the way i want it but it does fit if i add a curve

You can bend the port. Like make an L shaped port. Go down one side of the wall then down the back side of the box.

see something like that and have the port pretty close to the woofer. Would that be a pretty good idea

Edited by cheese20323