Frostedflakejake

SAZ 3000-d Protect Mode

Sounds good, glad it is getting taken care of.

Yeah thanks me too! It's been a long, long, wait. Now with my luck something will be wrong with the sub :suicide-santa: lol. But it shouldn't be. Pop tested it with a nine volt and it works fine, measured it with a DMM and i got 1 home coming out so it's looking like all is well! I just really hope the box i built is adequate.

So what was wrong with the amplifier ?

So what was wrong with the amplifier ?

waiting to hear back on that from db-r. They sim[ly said that it was back together and they were going to do some testing before it will be shipped. I didn't even know it was ever taken apart!

This is what i just got from db-r!!

It has some bad outputs. I see that before refurbing it had same problem, so I was very cautious with it this time. I am pretty sure I found the problem. When I went to turn the volume up just a little on the bench I heard a little pop sound inside (like electrical arcing) so I turned it off and looked really good for anything shorting or broken and I noticed that these 2 coils, right in front of the relays, the factory had installed them too close together and they had been rubbing each other and causing a short from one side of the output banks to the other before the relays. I put a piece of heavy plastic wedged in between the 2 and siliconed it in place and now no more problems (so far) will test it for a while this morning on the batteries at higher volume to make sure it is now stable.

shipped to me yesterday! should be here monday :fing34: