13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Amp Should I Choose?

• Sundown Amps
    • US Amps

The SAE is the entry line. The SAZ line is better. Better quality parts and all that jazz.

The SAE is the entry line. The SAZ line is better. Better quality parts and all that jazz.

ohh ok. Well i guess i know what amp i want! oh and i just want to double check on the wiring! heres the Link to Knukonceptz and i need to know what speaker wire, i was told 12 but it seems like i should get 16, please help me clear this up.

Mark has the same case at home, and I have a machine at my office with that case also. :)

I use 10 gauge speaker wire, never anything smaller then 12 gauge when dealing with subwoofers.

EDIT: I would get 0 GAUGE AMP POWER KIT instead of the kit you've chosen

14 gauge will work fine for subwoofers, 8 is over kill but people use it. Really it will come down to personal preference and if you have wiring laying around or how much your willing to spend.

check the for sale section. bigrank is selling two sundown amps.

alright ill look into it.

I use 10 gauge speaker wire, never anything smaller then 12 gauge when dealing with subwoofers.

hmm. ok, ive pretty much said "Goodbye" to my budget lol.

Mark has the same case at home, and I have a machine at my office with that case also. :)

its an awesome case. its my first build too, im debating on if i should get another Graphics card or new MoBo, i think mine current one might be a little fried in some spots....

14 gauge will work fine for subwoofers, 8 is over kill but people use it. Really it will come down to personal preference and if you have wiring laying around or how much your willing to spend.

ok ill probably go with 12 since it is in between 14 and 8 lol. and for knu, i dont get their checkout. is the quantity the amount of feet?

Yeah quantity is the amount of wire you want per foot.

Sundown is the way to go U.S amps too have had good experiences from them car-smiley-003.gif

Edited by cheese20323

Yeah quantity is the amount of wire you want per foot.

alright, i thought so. thanks.

No problem :fing34: , just ordered some wire myself.

No problem :fing34: , just ordered some wire myself.

nice, im going with the SAZ-1000D, 12 guage wire 7 feet (just in case!) how about you?

Well in all from Knukonceptz I have: 3-Klarity RCA's, 50 ft. Karma SS 14 Gauge wire for front stage, 8 ft. of Karma 10 Gauge wire for subs, 8 ft. of 4 gauge Kolossus Flex power wire for front stage amp, 6 ft. of KLMX 1/0 for sub amp, 8 ft. of 1/0 Kolossus Flex power wire for battery to distribution wiring.

I acquired all this over the last few months, the last of the order was the KLMX wire for my sub amp (wire shipped today).

niiiice! thats alot of wires @_@ i dont think i could handle that much. and do you think 7 feet is overkill or no? im thinking in advance due to the fact that im wiring down to 1 Ohm so i think that will use a good portion.

I always try to order more wire than neccessary so that way you will never be short some feet (that would suck), plus it always comes in handy in my build or another build im doing in the future.

yeah. i doubt i will be doing another build but i might need it if i destroy my first wire.