fast85_gt

port position help

im doing a wall in my hatch back i will be doing bass race bass boxing and meca driveby but how will the best way to place the port drivers side? top?bottom? any help please oh and ill be using my 2 18"treo ssx subs

Car?

its a 1997 ford probe gt i dont need a desing just where is the best place to put the port

Edited by bobby1

anyone please i wont to start this quick

I've been using LEAP since back in the days of 5.25" floppies, and the need for an 80287 math co-processor.

It allows you to accurately change the spacing of ports and speakers, and gives graphical information on the

results of your spacing. Also shows group delay (port ringing) and allows different fill densities to be explored.

With the more recent versions of LEAP (4.xx) you can model your car's interior volume as an acoustical filter,

placed in front of the speaker enclosure, to determine the woofer system's response as it will occur in car.

Find someone who has LEAP, likes a few cold ones, and make a new friend! The results will eliminate a lot of

the guess-work from your build.

With the amount of time and money I've seen people on this forum spend on their systems, a few like-minded

folks pooling the necessary $ together for a LEAP system would be a modest investment, that would make a

huge difference for the system builds, before even one sheet of MDF has been put on the saw.

Long time no talk Bobby :)

What orientations have you tried in your car already?