Sign in to follow this  
Bman12

components??

hello there, while searching for some components I came across these QSC-164 - MB Quart. I am looking for a set of components that will match up to 2 BM's subs. what I really want is clarity and I know MB Q has been around for a while so I figured I cant go wrong with them. My other choices would be the JL ZR650-CSi and Hertz ML165 but these come with out tweeters. I need a total of two sets for my truck, so if you guys can advice on these speakers or recommend others I will appreciate it thanks..

Budget? Why 2 pairs?

2 pairs to keep up with his bass. idk about you but i dont like when you can only hear bass.

check out a set of rainbow slcs.

All frequiencies are suppost to blend together as if 1 driver is playing everything. :drink40:

Alpine type-x PRO or Polk SR600's are my recommendations over the choices you gave, Both are SQ comps and come with a ring radiator tweeter.

What are you running right now? to compare to?

You are NOT going to get clarity by running two sets of comps, you know this.

he should be alot louder but very difficult to tune (staging and imaging).

2 mids, ok if next to each other. 2 tweeters, no-no.

MBQs are VERY detailed speakers...do you have any EQ available? Some can't deal with their sound.

well I really don't know much about audio and tuning, what I use to have was 2 15" subs with one brutus mono amp, a set of momo's 6.5 comps up front and a set of orion 6.5 comps on the back with a set of infinity 3.5 speakers up front. this was install in my 90 mustang gt and I know is a lot of miss match items but when you don't know and eager to have something loud, I guess "sometimes" you might just put things together. As for budget I would like to be around 850-900 for speakers. I have 2 BM mkIII shallow subs, so I would like a good set of speakers, I like bass but I also like to hear the instruments and vocals of the artist..

well I really don't know much about audio and tuning, what I use to have was 2 15" subs with one brutus mono amp, a set of momo's 6.5 comps up front and a set of orion 6.5 comps on the back with a set of infinity 3.5 speakers up front. this was install in my 90 mustang gt and I know is a lot of miss match items but when you don't know and eager to have something loud, I guess "sometimes" you might just put things together. As for budget I would like to be around 850-900 for speakers. I have 2 BM mkIII shallow subs, so I would like a good set of speakers, I like bass but I also like to hear the instruments and vocals of the artist..

I will go ahead and say it. Spend more on the install than the speakers, the difference between a 300 dollar component set and a 900 dollar set won't matter with an improper install. Where do you want to mount them? Do you have deadening yet? After that, we can reccommend a good set. And are your subs ported or sealed.

I will go ahead and say it. Spend more on the install than the speakers, the difference between a 300 dollar component set and a 900 dollar set won't matter with an improper install. Where do you want to mount them? Do you have deadening yet? After that, we can reccommend a good set. And are your subs ported or sealed.

box is sealed and I haven't deaden the truck yet but will. The speakers will be mounted where the stocks are located. The stock speakers are 5x7, but I will be making a adapter by using some MDF to cover the existing whole and make a new whole on the MDF to fit the 6.5. Another thing, some guys also recommended FOCAL speakers, they seem pretty pricey but seen some 3way speakers and regular component set up. I will take a picture of the doors so you guys can get a better understanding of the speaker placement ..

what type of vehicle we talking about ??

you wanting to be "street loud" or compete ??

All I have is a 6 1/2 in the kick pannel and a tweet in the A pillar on a VERY powerful amp. It does every job I have requested form it so far Sound Quality and Street Beat.

hey op dont listen to most of these newbs.

box is sealed and I haven't deaden the truck yet but will. The speakers will be mounted where the stocks are located. The stock speakers are 5x7, but I will be making a adapter by using some MDF to cover the existing whole and make a new whole on the MDF to fit the 6.5. Another thing, some guys also recommended FOCAL speakers, they seem pretty pricey but seen some 3way speakers and regular component set up. I will take a picture of the doors so you guys can get a better understanding of the speaker placement ..

Skip the MDF in the doors, if possible, since they absorb moisture and can damage your speakers. Get some "Marineboard" off ebay. My doors don't get wet, but I use cheap speakers ;)

Focals are very detailed as well. Some call them harsh, though how they're installed makes a big difference. And keep in mind that more expensive doesn't equal better...

How much power are you planning for the front speakers (do you have an amp already)? Any plans for a processor? Are you looking for a "plug n play" with passive crossovers?

what type of vehicle we talking about ??

you wanting to be "street loud" or compete ??

All I have is a 6 1/2 in the kick pannel and a tweet in the A pillar on a VERY powerful amp. It does every job I have requested form it so far Sound Quality and Street Beat.

Competing? lol why even ask that? People buy the SI BMs for space savings since they only need a cube between the pair. I don't mean this as a dig to the OP, but if he's asking about speaker choices and install... ;)

hey op dont listen to most of these newbs.

Good contribution.

Is a truck 09 f150 super crew, and yes I want street beat. I also tried getting advice from local shops but they really don't know what they are talking about most of the time. I know I'm not a expert but these guys just want to make a quick buck. I live in Lakewood CA, so their are a lot of shops, if any of you guys can recommend a shop around the area let me know.