Sign in to follow this  
mkellypc

Help me understand the x-over on 50.4

Well the more I study the x-over section on the 50.4, the more unsure I am. Basically I want to run two channels to my 6.5 " mid-bass. I'm planning on using the LPF on my HU so I just need to x-over the top end, not sure where yet. Then the other two channels to my tweets thru HPF on amp. The sub-sonic filters on both sets of channels has me a little confused. Could someone be so kind as to tell me a good starting point on ALL switches? Also I'm running one set of RCA's to the amp and the other set to my sub amp. Can I use just one set of inputs or do I need to use Y adapters (would rather not do that because of any signal degradation, tho probably not much). Thanks again in advance.

I would run all 4 rca's to the 50.4 and use the out rca on the amp to run to your sub amp. Use channels 1-2 to run your tweets set to highpass and most likely the x10 switch. Play around with the frequencies to make sure your not going to stress the tweeter. Run your 6.5 mid's on channels 3-4 on the LPF and use the SSF filter to bandpass the frequency this will eliminate most of the sub frequency going to your mid. You're going to need to listen to each set of speakers separately when setting the gain and crossover to make sure not to distort the speakers.

I would run all 4 rca's to the 50.4 and use the out rca on the amp to run to your sub amp. Use channels 1-2 to run your tweets set to highpass and most likely the x10 switch. Play around with the frequencies to make sure your not going to stress the tweeter. Run your 6.5 mid's on channels 3-4 on the LPF and use the SSF filter to bandpass the frequency this will eliminate most of the sub frequency going to your mid. You're going to need to listen to each set of speakers separately when setting the gain and crossover to make sure not to distort the speakers.

Thanks for the reply. I want to run the other set of RCA's to the sub amp so I can control the sub seperately from the HU. Also, there is a SSF on both sets of channels, what happens with the channels on the tweets in relation to the SSF? Also, If I want to set the LP x-over mor the mids thru the HU, I won't need to use the SSF on them either.

Basically the SSF is a highpass crossover.

What HU?

What HU?

My headunit has HPF/LPF . They only go to 140hz tho which is why i need the x-over in the amp as well. So if I set my headunti crossover for sub around 80hz, as well as 80hz for hi-pass, how would I set up the amp?

What HU?

My headunit has HPF/LPF . They only go to 140hz tho which is why i need the x-over in the amp as well. So if I set my headunti crossover for sub around 80hz, as well as 80hz for hi-pass, how would I set up the amp?

What amp are you going to use for your sub and what head unit are you using?

What HU?

What amp are you going to use for your sub and what head unit are you using?

Rockford Punch p200.2 for sub and Head unit is Pioneer AVH3200bt

Sign in to follow this