Qckrun

140dB on new TermLab!

Today at my 1st comp... i was able to accomplish 140dB's with my 3.2cube@32hz box. It was on the new Termlab. Yes u may say its weak, but i've got big plans for this coming season... totally redoing my whole box. I took 3rd place in Stock 301-900 in USACi comp here in Sacramento.

It was alot of fun... if no one believes i hit 140, ask tyler(marleyskater420), he was there. Pretty cool guy, it was fun meetin up wit him. Anyways guys, i just wanted to let everyone know .

I'm pretty stoaked.... seeing as i had 1 12(RE XXX w/ RE35.1), and the person who took 2nd had 2 12s and was 1 dB louder than me. He got 141.1 i believe. 1st place went to Steve Meade, with 2 18s with a bd1500 on them, he hit 147.1, in a tahoe. Oh well it was fun!

I'm trying to understand how you were placed in the same category as someone with nearly 3x the cone area as you....

I'm assuming either they merged classes...

I says it goes by watts on the website...but I know your amp puts out more than 900w at 2 or 1 ohm...seeing as I have two of them...

Please explain...I'm curious...

GO BIG BOX!!!

I'm trying to understand how you were placed in the same category as someone with nearly 3x the cone area as you....

I says it goes by watts on the website...but I know your amp puts out more than 900w at 2 or 1 ohm...seeing as I have two of them...

GO BIG BOX!!!

In USACi they go by Amps. So in this matter he had the same amount of watts as me. 1500/2=750/2=350. 301-900. Thus he would be in the same class. Its alright by me cause there were people with 3-5subs and about 2.5ws and i still had higher numbers than them. So im stoaked. It was my 1st comp, and certainly not my last!

Guest Guest

Congrats Chris. Now get working on that new box. B)

Not a slanderous statement, but we did a 140.8 on the termlab with a Rockford HX2 10 and a bd 1501 in a 1997 Explorer Sport.

What vehicle is that in?

What kind of amplifier?

Just curious.....

GO BIG BOX!!!

usaci power rating in a nutshell...amps rated power at 4ohm

stock, mod, extreme depending on location of bax and added electrical goodies(caps, batts alt)and of course port war and pro if ur sponsored

147.1 with 2 18's and a bd1500 in a tahoe? termlab that tough? reason i ask is because a friend of mine hit 150.4 with two 15" treo ss and a memphis 1000d in his 4 door blazer (took third, same class as urs..winning car? taurus..2 9515's and two kicker zr?100 amps...154 something or other...can't remember mike used though)

btw..good job!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by mrray13

not too shabby bro.

i got a 150.6 last weekend with 1 15H2 and a 2500d. :)

i was stoked by that score, since 3 woofers were out for repair. I thought i would be a flunky!!! Hate to see what i can do with all 4 :)

I plan on doing some reworking with my setup. Before summer i plan on having 2 12" XXXs, with 2 36.1s firing out of the cabin, and having it all sealed off from the cabin. Going for 145s+ on the new TL.

not to bad of a score, yea it can be better but for your first event not bad at all.

we hit a 138.16db on the new termlab meter, gains were down on the amp plus the bass was down on the h/u.

in a 2000 camaro with 2-12k (ported box 3.5cuft @35hz) on a kenwood 600w amp.

this system is for everyday not comps, so were glad about the score....

jamie

not to bad of a score, yea it can be better but for your first event not bad at all.

we hit a 138.16db on the new termlab meter, gains were down on the amp plus the bass was down on the h/u.

in a 2000 camaro with 2-12k (ported box 3.5cuft @35hz) on a kenwood 600w amp.

this system is for everyday not comps, so were glad about the score....

jamie

Yea my gains where down on mine as well. This was also a street system. I didnt have it tuned for comps or in a comp box. My install that i plan on doing in the next couple months is going to be a pure SPL install with a port that i can make into street too. I keep forgetting what me and my friend call it... i have a short memory. But it will be something very very nice.

yea i forgot to set the gains but it was just to see what we were at on the meter.

as soon as i get my meter we will be doeing a bunch of measurements with all kind of subs....

jamie

bad things about camaro's, they dont wang. dont expect over a 152-153 with that!

bad things about camaro's, they dont wang. dont expect over a 152-153 with that!

yea i know it was just to see what type of score we would do...

im not going to do to much more testing in the camaro

but im getting a termlab meter so ill be haveing fun with my other cars with other subs...

jamie