Sign in to follow this  
Upstage Audio

well just got a free advertisment for SI

well i think i'm pretty much sold on SI subs now. Since my car's setup is out of commission for a bit while i redo the wiring and install, i took the Magnum over to my friends who just got a SX. I always wanted to see how the SX and Magnum compared and finally got to see. The SX is an admirable sub but i think the Magnum was a little bit much for it. While the average SPL could be considered equal, the Magnum seemed to want to be abused much more than the SX. also the SQ on the magnum never really seemed to waiver while the SX had problems on really tough bass songs like the "woofer cooker" and even Perfect Circle's Lullaby and song 11 or 12 on ....(crap don't remember the name...the song right after "counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum",which is also which CD its on.), but seemed to suffer on the SQ when played quite loud. I'm really impressed with the Magnum and definitely think its one of those ego killer subs. I bet there will be alot of W7 user that will cry when i build a ported box for fun. But does anyone think the Magnum is more geared toward the XXX than the SX? I think i may try and see if my friend will put it up against each other.

I personally preferred my Magnum over my XXX and Brahma. TO others, it's different. Everyone's tastes will differ, but IMO, the Magnum is the best finesse driver I have ever owned for subbass duty.

I thought the driver was just going to be another driver before I actually used it. I'd read all the hype on the net, and personally, that just gives me a negative attitude towards something. I like to come to my own conclusions on the products I use. So, it was basically already on my $hit list when I got it. Now, I kinda feel like an ass for ever feeling that way. The best part is, the new drivers are going to be even better performers. Nick spared no expense and no BS with the new design. It should pay off highly.

huh, i never heard anything about the company before i got it. Actually, funny thing is the subs i've actually liked i've never actually heard before. ED, Adire, SI, SS, RE, Powerbass, all subs i've thought were good i've learned that from listening to it myself. I tested the infinity out before i bought it andthen when i got it i hated it. I will have to put my Magnum up against the XXX. I understand what you mean that the Magnum is more finesse than most. Its a very light on its feet, heavy on the gas pedal type subs. It is amazing how well it keeps up the bass SQ even when pushed hard. Man, i'm going to push Nick to letting me be a rep or do online ads when i get my webstore up.

I will have to agree with Ryan on his thoughts. I had the same impressions before I actually got my Mag. I was hoping that it would live up to all the expectations that I had read. And boy did it. I had been running 3 12 w3s and they never made it back into the car after I put the Mag in. I absolutely love this sub and others around are saving up to get one also.

I can't wait for the new drivers to be ready.

Tirefryr.... do you know if customs ever released the parts?? those arsehos always like to get their hands on everything.

Customs released the motors earlier this week and they arrived late this previous week (Friday the 5'th or so). They are slated to be built on Tuesday! :) Packing them up will take longer than actually building them but at least the gears are moving now!!

Customs released the motors earlier this week and they arrived late this previous week (Friday the 5'th or so).  They are slated to be built on Tuesday!  :)  Packing them up will take longer than actually building them but at least the gears are moving now!!

:fing34::fing34::fing34::fing34::P:domoslay:

cool

sweeeet!!!!!!!

When you get in touch with your friend about comparing it against a W7, get in contact with me. I'll give you the proto for a little while. :) Believe me, there's that much of a difference.

When you get in touch with your friend about comparing it against a W7, get in contact with me.  I'll give you the proto for a little while.  :)  Believe me, there's that much of a difference.

well i may look into comparing it against a few different subs soon. I am hoping to get one of my friends to get his subs out like inhuman, brahma, TC prototypes, RL-P, etc. I wish i could take one to freemans right up the street from me and blow them away. but unfortunately my car is going through a makeover on wiring and all so everything is in dissarray. O and which who is Nick on here. I've talked to you on the phone a couple times but i don't know which is your name on here, need to ask a question.

I'm Nick. :) You can actually call me right now if you want to shoot the $hit. ;)

...and I'd really like to see the results from the comparisson to those other subs and the prototype/the new Mag's. :) :)

I'm Nick.  :)  You can actually call me right now if you want to shoot the $hit.  ;) 

...and I'd really like to see the results from the comparisson to those other subs and the prototype/the new Mag's.  :) :)

ah crap, well maybe i'll call early in the morning or something. I would call but my gf is here and looking at me funny.