Sign in to follow this  
02BlackOnBlackSS

Quick amp wiring question

I saw a link that Ryan posted in the ihop for a Directed 1100d5 that does 75x4 at 4 ohms and 600x1 at 1 ohm on the sub channel. It doesn't say anything about bridging the amp, but I was wondering if the amp would work if I wired it to where the left side was on 2 channels of the amp and the right channel was on 2 channels of the amp. This would be kind of like bridging it, but running a wire in all 4 pieces. I think if I bridge it, it would put out too much power. Has anyone ever done this? It is sounding like it won't work or will be bad for the amp, but I am not sure.

Quick amp wiring answer:

Its perfectly fine.

Its 80x4@4 so bridged it therotically should be,160x2@4ohms, or something along those lines

*edited

Quick amp wiring answer:

Its perfectly fine.

Its 80x4@4 so bridged it therotically should be,160x2@4ohms, or something along those lines

Nice, looks like it will be bridged then. 160 per side will be nice. I'll order the amp later on tonight.

yea, the one on ike sound.

Nothing wrong with refurbs

yea, the one on ike sound.

Nothing wrong with refurbs

I don't mind saving a crapload of money. Plus its a reputable manufacturer. Instead of spending 700+ on amps, I spend $200 on one amp that does everything that I need.

I did the same.

Picked up a Autotek 5ch for $135.

I wish it wouldve been a memphisbelle :wub:

Well its ordered. I like that I am getting the full potential out of the amp. I was going to get some JBL amps and only get half of the potential out of it, but this works out nicely.

d00d, teh more amps you gots= more dBeeeezzz !