realmofexcursion

nightshade 18s

seeing as i finally decided i want to wall off my truck, i need a few opinions and specs. i was wanting to know if a 14^3 box would be to big for 2 18s. i want the box tuned super low, and i've already done some calculations, and with a 14^3 box and the 4" ports i already have made. it would tune the box to 22-23hz. so the other thing i need to know, is what do one of these subs require for port area. with 6 4" ports, i have around 75^2 inches of port area. would this be enough? or do i need to go with bigger ports?

75 is way to small bro, like lacob said 140-160 your gana want right around 11-15 sq in of port per cube, and flared ports always help out

im sorry guys, i totally forgot i need the port area for the size box, dont know what i was thinking. thanks, but as far as the box goes, is 14^2 a bit to big for the 18s?

gota know how much power your gana use bro, im doing a box for 2 btl 18s on a single 3500 for a customer atm anf its 14cf @33 port is 17tx10w with a 3in kerf. but 14 is in the middle for box size, you could go as big as 18-20 cubes depending on power or as small at 12cf on higher power, it boils down to mechanical limits of the woofer