SpeakerBoy

Windows SPL meter software

Is there any dB meter software you can use with a regular computer microphone on windows vista? i know it wouldnt be as accurate as a TL but its better than nothing.

I may be wrong but think there is not .. But there is a spl meter in the for sale tread that is as good as a TL and half the price on a group buy. Go check it out and maybe you will decide to get one... :drink40:

Edited by thehawk93

The mic on your computer will puke somewhere around 110dB, maybe less, maybe more but not much in either direction. It is a cheap piece of junk (~0.05$) so it isn't like you can expect any accuracy out of it even if it could measure higher. Typically they roll off substantially below 100Hz and above 5kHz as well. So no way in hell.

The mic on your computer will puke somewhere around 110dB, maybe less, maybe more but not much in either direction. It is a cheap piece of junk (~0.05$) so it isn't like you can expect any accuracy out of it even if it could measure higher. Typically they roll off substantially below 100Hz and above 5kHz as well. So no way in hell.

well, dont think the pressure of my two 5.25"s is that high, so it maybe it could work (?)

how much does a usb meter cost?

well, dont think the pressure of my two 5.25"s is that high, so it maybe it could work (?)

If you are still going to ignore M5's comment, maybe try these programs.

SPL-Laboratory - on the right, download.

Here is the thread about SPL-Lab. There is so much buzz around it, how did you missed it?

The Official SPL-Labs SPL Meter Group Buy Thread - SSA Car Audio Forum

Type 1 SLM's start around $900. Anything less is a joke. No such thing as a USB Meter.

TL single sensor = 649 +s/h

dual sensor = 849 +s/h

USB interface