codypt

What amp to go with?

What amp is recommended for two 12 inch BL? I would like to not spend more than $400 but still get a great amp. Also what wire should I purchase for the hook up and also for the big 3 upgrade?

Well , I would start with 0 gauge wire in the big 3 and a run back to where you are going to place the amp. For power thats your choice but what kind of box do you plan to run???

Ported box for sure. and I dont know what you mean by a run back to place the amp. If you mean where, then probably to the side of or infront of the box.

I meant a run of 0 gauge from the battery compartment back where your going to put the amp... What kind of bass are you looking for alot or just little????

definantly do the big 3 man. Just yesterday i measure what voltage i was at on and off

12.7 off

14.2 on at full tilt

I'm looking for a lot of bass. But I don't want to have to upgrade my alternator ha. Also would a 15" btl be louder and sound better than two 12" bl?

Well depends on how many watts your running to those 2 12's bl and 1 15 BTL.

AQ 2200 is in your budget and does rated power

Well they would both be at 2000 watts rms so I'd try nd get that or right around there. I assume I would use the exact same amp for either one?

The 12's will get very loud on 2000 rms... :drink40:

I am also considering just a single 15 BL for price concern because I wont need such a high powered amp. What would be the differences electrical wise if I got the 15 BL instead of 15 BTL?

Very true how much power are you looking to run??? There are a few good subs forsale in the sale threads..... How much are you looking to spend on the sub??

I really think ill go with the 15 BL and probably a sub pushing about 1000-1200 watts. If I get all this hooked up before I do the big 3 and it doesn't dim my lights, should I still do the big 3 or get any other batteries or caps?

I really think ill go with the 15 BL and probably a sub pushing about 1000-1200 watts. If I get all this hooked up before I do the big 3 and it doesn't dim my lights, should I still do the big 3 or get any other batteries or caps?

:puzzled:

Caps are useless, forget about them. You should do the Big 3.. it takes about 7 min.

A Yellow Top would be nice if you wont want too spend too much money on a batt. (80 all day on craigslist)

Even though i'd rec. a XS Power batt!!

I think my battery has a red cap... I don't know what that means or how old the battery is or even what brand. Do you think the lights would dim on my 98 grand prix if I have the big 3 with a stock alternator? And how much is 0 gauge wire going to cost with the terminals to go throughout the car if I even need 0 gauge...?

www.knukonceptz.com has great prices on quality wire.

I think my battery has a red cap... I don't know what that means or how old the battery is or even what brand. Do you think the lights would dim on my 98 grand prix if I have the big 3 with a stock alternator? And how much is 0 gauge wire going to cost with the terminals to go throughout the car if I even need 0 gauge...?

I don't THINK so, but i don't KNOW if it will happen or not.

Alright thank you guys for the great info! What 1000 watt amp is great and at a good price? And will I notice much difference if I wire my sub with a higher gauge wire?

Edited by codypt

PDX-M12 PDX-M12, Electronics, eBay Motors items. Great deals on eBay!

AQ1200D Audioque: Amps: AQ1200D

I REALLY WANT YOU TO GET THE PDX AMP!!!!

I highly doubt you will hear a noticeable difference between 12awg and 10awg wire. Assuming this is the gauge you are talking about.

I hope you are talking about speaker wire and not the power and ground wire that small???? :puzzled::puzzled:

PDX-M12 PDX-M12, Electronics, eBay Motors items. Great deals on eBay!

AQ1200D Audioque: Amps: AQ1200D

I REALLY WANT YOU TO GET THE PDX AMP!!!!

I highly doubt you will hear a noticeable difference between 12awg and 10awg wire. Assuming this is the gauge you are talking about.

I hope you are talking about speaker wire and not the power and ground wire that small???? :puzzled::puzzled:

And will I notice much difference if I wire my sub with a higher gauge wire?

Ok , I missed that part... BanginGMC is right you aren't going to see much differents....

Why do you want me to get that amp lol? As far as wiring goes, do I just need a set of KLM 1/0 Amplifier Installation Kit and will the amp/sub come with the wiring it needs or do I need to purchase that too.