i know both of the subs i want are really good. i just dont know what subs i want yet. its either going to be between the ssa xcon 18s or the sundown 18s. im going for more spl then anything. which one would put up more numbers? this is what i plan on doing to my truck no matter what. i already have the entire cab sound deadened. i have 4 super big interstate batteries to power everything, big 3, dual alts. so which one would be the best option for me?

I would say the Nightshade in the right box will get louder and give more Spl.... The Xcon is a great sub also the nightshade is know for high numbers..... There a 18 inch nightshade for sale in the forsale secetion by Steve just reconed it and he is a great guy... :drink40:

Nightshades, more SPL oriented where the XCON is sound quality oriented.

As duran said, the Ns's would be your best bet.

thats what i was thinking, just need some help with it. does anybody know the weight of one of these? when i start building this box, i want to have something that will support the weight of the sub when i mount it.

your going to have to double baffle because they 50-70 pound i think or 45

Double baffle for sure and what kind of amp do you plan on running???

i really want to run the saz3500s. only reason im going to be spending this much money on audio, is because i was forced to sell my racing quads because of a shoulder injury.

i forgot to mention, i plan on making the walls of the box 1.5 inch

Edited by realmofexcursion

For sure a 18 inch. nightshade and a sundown3500 will get you very great numbers.....

I would suggest using all thread for bracing, it's strong and well basically a gigantic bolt. You can get them at home depot for sure. Also they take up minimal space in the box as aposed to regular bracing.

Double baffle, using bolts and T-nuts to hold the woofers in and brace the enclosure, they are 65 lb. woofers with lot's of motor force you'll need support.

well guys, new option. i just found out that i can purchase 4 nightshade 15s. would that put up more numbers then the 2 18s? i know i would a good bit of amps, but i just sold all 3 of my quads today. so i should be good.

from a cone area standpoint the four 15's would be the loudest. but its all install dependent

ill just go ahead with the 15s then. what do you think i should do with the amps? maybe get 2 3500s? or should i go with 4 saz1500s and strap them to 1ohm?

Cone area normally wins, pretty much always. More motor force, and coils for heat dissipation. Amps, whatever is in your budget works.

Stetsom amplifiers are a very good choice also.

You could always go with the new 4500's from sundown...