Sign in to follow this  
ShaiTan

Electrical System Upgrade

I have been looking at upgrading my electrical system to support my future audio system. I am looking at either XS Power D1200 or Kinetik HC1200 for my main battery replacement. As they are the largest that will fit my factory battery location (as near as I can tell). Upon pricing I found a link to Batteryspec.com which sells Kinetik knockoff batteries named Tempest. Have anyone ever heard of or tried any of those batteries? And are they worth even putting in a vehicle?

$124 Tempest or $248 Kinetik (shipped prices). big difference. But is the lower price worth it, that's the question?

Edited by ShaiTan

They're not knock offs. Kinetic batteries mirror several other types of batteries used in UPS, wheel chairs and other backup systems.

I'd stick with something built for car audio. For your front battery, you should look at the S1200 from XS Power.

not to thread jack, but what about battery terminals? will he need a positive bat terminal with multiple terminals for upgrading the big 3 or will he just need one for the negative?

There's no rule that says you can only have one wire per battery terminal.