Cthedinger

Need Help With Writing A Resume

Well I have been looking for a full time job in the Car Audio, Video, Security, Fabrication, or Car Upholstery Industry. Long story short I ran into one of my moms old friends yesterday and she told me if I sent here my resume, that she would send it out too all the local companies. She also told me to include a Cover Letter for the front. Honestly I dont even know where to begin, I'm a High School Graduate and an Acoustic Edge Graduate. I have pictures of almost all the work I have done for the past year or so. But I dont even know what i should included in the resume or the cover letter or the format for them, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Have it simple, right to the point. I have my name at the top, in bold, followed by my address and contact information; then you need to list exactly what you want to achieve; then list what you are good at, the skills that relate to the position you are applying for; then your education, you really want to wow them with your education; then a basic work history to give them an idea of what you've done and what you are capable of doing for them. Then some details about hobbies, who knows you might get the job because your boss enjoys golfing like you do. Bullets are your friend, although don't overdo it because it will look like black and white polka dots instead of a professional resume.

The reason I bold my name and make it a header is because I'm the topic of the document, and when the skim through the resume's the one that catches their eye will get the most attention, you really want attention.

Send me a pm or something tomorrow and I can send you a copy of an example in my book from my English class

Who should I address the cover letter too? Do you think it would be okay to say "To whom this may inform" or should i say something else?