pimppistol

replacing stock speakers all around

If that is the best description you can give then you need to post pictures. That is not at all intelligible as a description.

ill draw cuz i forgot i dont have a camera...ill make it good

instead of drawing, i used my wicked awesome photoshoping skills!

stereocopy.jpg

so as you can see, it starts off my car, and from the factory amp in the car, comes that amp integration harness thing, then from there, those two "2 female to 1 male" plugs, then i only have 4 rca port things, and those 2-1 chords are hooked up to 2 of those, then my subwoofer and amp for that is hooked up to the other 2.you get it now?? i really do suck at explaining things. but i tried to make that picture as good as i can. i looked for the best looking, and easy to tell what is pictures. some of the stuff i used is niceer than the picture like the rca cables from the amp. and the input picture isnt from my car, its from a vcr i think, but thats what it looks like behind there

Edited by PiMpPiStOl

Why are you using the Y's?

Sub output to sub amp

Front output to front amp channels

Rear output to rear amp channels

Nothing else to do.

because i only have 2 white plugs and 2 red plugs... thats why i need the Ys. i have 6 chords that need to be plugged in. the 4 from the factory amp, and the 2 from the sub amp. and out of the 4 factory amp ones, i dont know which ones are left, right, front or back...

woot! just got a pair of rockford powers for the door speakers, and i unplugged the stock tweeters cuz these have em, and they stocks were sounding crappy. but the speakers were packed crappy. didnt give me the extra wires i needed or the lil thing to hook it to the speaker, gave me a crappy mounting thing, and it didnt fit the stock hole, so i had to drill extra holes. the alpines were almost too easy compared to this. but i wish i could show em off cuz they look cool... wonder how much money i paid for them looking cool, compared to the quality.....

but im loving it now. only poblem is finding out the left right, front and back thing, and now, the speaker on my dash sounds like poop so im gonna fix that next

that problem i had before... i fixed the left and right.when you balance it left, the left ones play, and same with right... but when i do the front and back, when i do back, just the sub plays, and whne i do front,everything else plays. is that normal?

Edited by PiMpPiStOl