Kusan031

cone hardly moves with 1000watts

okay, my e1800d input sensitivity is set @ about 60% now (1o clock position) and when i turn my vol up (20 of 34) it doesnt seem to show a lot of excursion, maybe an inch total. this is also with the EQ on my HU on "xplod" (sony). (MY 40A FUSE HELD AT THIS VOLUME)

now i wanted to ask before i fool around with my input sens. because i do not want to blow my sub.

i know my RCAs are rated @ 2V, but im not too sure how much its too much on my amp.

located in our amp section....

and now a question for u...

considering ur post, how does it sound? is it loud enough? if those answers are yes, don't sweat the excursion...it jsut goes to show how efficient the sub is at what it does....

if it is no..then time for some work..lol....start with the tutorial...and we'll go from there...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well yes it is definitely loud for daily use. but during dB meters when you get the urge to turn it up 'just a little more', i wanna know just how much i can feed into it safely, especially with the output of the amp which is "a lil' overkill" [stated by mike].

other than that, i got my DMM last night, and i will sett everything today

you cal also test if you get voltage spikes, just put the thing on your battery and turn up the beats.

my subs barely move at relatively loud listening volumes. If its loud enough for you, don't worry, its just an efficient set up.

If you watch my Brahma excurstion video on ROE you can see that they are barely moving. They got quite loud at that amound of excursion.

When you turned it up and they got moving the bass would just drown out the treble and midbass.

I wasnt even able to hear the lyrics of songs because of those things.

just got everything set up. found out that i was running about 450 watts into it on a daily basis. and i found that i was clipping the amp about once or twice when slamming it for about 5-10 seconds each. thank goodness i got everything set properly.

and yes, 500RMS does get this thing LoUd. imma believer =)

im just curious, did you put a video on realm of excursion? theres a video there of an rl-p 15 playing lil jon, it sounds like from the volume of the highs that its turned up, but the sub barely moves at all.

its funny, he zooms in on it, the thing looks like its getting 150 watts.

after setting my gains with my HU sub level at 0 (pioneer 860) its currently on sub level -10 to -12 so i can actually listen to the music...i go back up to 0 level when i need to impress...

nope, that video isnt mine.

i just finished my 3.15 ft^3 @ 28Hz box last night. i'll try to post pics in a new thread

sweet!

we likes our pics..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: