Sign in to follow this  
BASSnoob

15 fi q getting hot

So i bought the fi q fully loaded with cooling option and so it can handle an additional 500 wrms but my subwoofer is geting hot after runing it for 20 minutes. its dual 2 ohms voice coils and its wired to amp at 4 ohms my deck has out puts of 2.5 volts here is image of how my amp is set the volt input sensetiviy got moved by the bass.. its set to 1-2 volts. the subwoofer is on a 2.3cubic foot box.. what could be getting it hot?? i only use bass knob that came with it i dont even go pass mid bass knob and at the end of the ride the amp is a little warm but not as warm as the subwoofer.. im scared to burn it.. is my amp set right?? :noob:

CIMG2211.jpg

Edited by BASSnoob

Turn Bass Boost down to 0 and turn your gain up if it is close to max. Whats the amps rating? Yeah it should be able an extra 250-500 watts of clean power dependent on certain factors and no clipping which you may be doing? What does your electrical consist of?

Throw the bass knob away, turn the bass boost off.

It's ok for it to get 'hot.'..it's going to get hot. 99% of the energy you are putting into that thing is wasted heat.

If it is starting to smell, then you have an issue and you are over driving the amp trying to make the sub take dirty power...

Odds are you are clipping it trying to get more out of it then the amplifier can produce. It's no different then running an engine in a car lean on fuel.

Turn Bass Boost down to 0 and turn your gain up if it is close to max. Whats the amps rating? Yeah it should be able an extra 250-500 watts of clean power dependent on certain factors and no clipping which you may be doing? What does your electrical consist of?

STOCK everythingn except an extra battery on back and 0 gauge power wire and 0 ground wire.. here are the amps specs..also if i turn down the bass boost i cant hear ish when i turn it up..

#

Class D Rubicon Mono Channel Amplifier

#

RMS Power: 1 x 1700 Watts @ 2 Ohm

#

RMS Power: 1 x 2500 Watts @ 1 Ohm

#

THD: 0.50%

#

Frequency Response: 15Hz - 150KHz

#

S/N: 95dB

#

Damping Factor: >350

#

Sensitivity: 100mV - 2V or 2V - 8V

#

Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 150Hz @ 12dB

#

Bass Boost: 0- 18dB @ 45Hz

#

Subsonic Filter: 10 - 40Hz @12dB

#

Phase Control: 180

#

Dash Mounted Remote Gain Control

ok so i turned down the bass boost and turned up th input sensetivity to about 90 percent.. i can barely hear anything.. what is up with that?? :deadhorse::WTFBubble::poop:

Edited by BASSnoob

Sign in to follow this