Chevy350TPI

Faded Plastic Black Bumper

Was washing the car and thought that the lines on the bumper are just sun reflecting through the grille. Moved to the other side and the lines stay stationary ... great, bumper is faded and looks pathetic.

Any suggestions?

Yeah I figured SEM would have something.

I'll get some pictures in a bit and put them up.

Pisses me off because the bumper was just replaced with a brand new one only a few months ago.

Damn reproduction parts!!!

Go down to the local auto parts store. They should have some bumper restorer of some kind. Many are just a flexible paint. Some just remove the oxidation by means of a chemical process.

Best way to do it though is to get some Urethane Bumper Stripper, then repaint with a proper paint.

Whatever you do, if you repaint, make sure you scuff it up WELL with some sandpaper! Urethane is a female dog.

I might try the flexible paint route.

Can definitely tell the difference between the front and rear bumper ... in terms of material and quality.

Those headlights are an eyesore. Not to mention that they suck at night ... even with new bulbs.

steve I have the perfect product for you, and an action picture to show the difference, it will take a few applications, but it does a great job

example7sh.jpg

I'll have to try the trim detailer ... it's only $3.00 according to the website.

works better than anything else I have tried so far