Sign in to follow this  
joe_prince

Box for 2 Fi BL 15's?

I was thinking about you guys building me a box for 2 Fi BL 15's. I was thinking 7.5 cubes with a flush port, plexi glass, carpet, and tuned to 34Hz. I wouldn't have to pay shipping because i'm willing to pick the box up since i live in so cal. So how much would this cost?

double post first you said 8cubes and a whole different post with the same question just more detail this time...

.Bump

GL on the plexi glass dream.

Were you thinking plexi window or the entire enclosure out of plexi?

Andrew

No just a little square/rectangle for each sub so you can see the magnet. ohh and i was thinking subs up, port back

Andrew

No just a little square/rectangle for each sub so you can see the magnet. ohh and i was thinking subs up, port back

Ok I can do that. What type of SUV is this for? I'm going to need max dimensions so I can get a design rolling for this.

Andrew

Andrew

Ok I can do that. What type of SUV is this for? I'm going to need max dimensions so I can get a design rolling for this.

Andrew

It's going in a 4 door JEEP cherokee.

Max dimensions 54" from left side to right side. 38" from ground to roof. 31" from back seat to back window.

Hope this helps

Wow thats even wider than my Tahoe!!! I will have a design by tomorrow. How big did you want the plexi window? I can make it just about the whole front of the enclosure :)

Andrew

Wow thats even wider than my Tahoe!!! I will have a design by tomorrow. How big did you want the plexi window? I can make it just about the whole front of the enclosure :)

Andrew

If there is more plexi glass then will it sound worse? if not i would like a window on each side the cover about 1/2 of the front. Oh and take youre time because i'm still working on the money. how much will it cost?

Andrew

Andrew

It's going in a 4 door JEEP cherokee.

Max dimensions 54" from left side to right side. 38" from ground to roof. 31" from back seat to back window.

Hope this helps

sorry typo its actually about 48" from left side to right side. i hope this doesnt screw with your design.

48 is more like it since that is what my Tahoe is.

Your looking at about $325-$350 ish plus the cost of the plexi which depends heavly on the size.

Andrew

Your looking at about $325-$350 ish plus the cost of the plexi which depends heavly on the size.

Andrew

is that without shipping?

Andrew

Yes, a 7.5 cube enclosure is very material heavy. Looking at my rough design right now it's more like $300-$325.

Andrew

Andrew

Yes, a 7.5 cube enclosure is very material heavy. Looking at my rough design right now it's more like $300-$325.

Andrew

sweet i should be able to get that in a few weeks, so keep me posted, and i'll give you my e-mail.

Ok sounds good. I only require 25% to get building so if you want I can start to build it and by the time you have the money it should be done.

Andrew

Ok sounds good. I only require 25% to get building so if you want I can start to build it and by the time you have the money it should be done.

Andrew

sweet i'll have it in a month

Andrew

sweet i'll have it in a month

How much would 25% be?

Also i figured if i give you about $85 that would be approximately 25%. is this ok?

To get you a perfect quote I need to know how big you want the plexi windows.

Andrew

To get you a perfect quote I need to know how big you want the plexi windows.

Andrew

I just want 2 windows. just enough to see the whole sub for both of them. :) Its just to show them off to friends and stuff. I don't know how big that'll be though, if you have any idea that's cool but i'll ask nick over at fi and see what he says.

Edited by joe_prince

does this help at all.

BL15

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 33.6 Hz | 33.6 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 5.21 | 5.21

Qes: .28 | .28

Qts: .27 | .27

Mms: 261g | 261g

Cms: 0.86mm/N | 0.86mm/N

Sd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2

Vas: 78.9 l | 78.9 l

Spl: 91.8dB 1W/1m | 91.8dB 1W/1m

Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A

Xmax: 18mm | 18mm

Rms: 1000W * | 1000W *

Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft

Ported box: 3-5cuft | 3-5cuft

Sub OD: 15.625” | 15.625”

Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.250” * | 8.250” *

Displacement: 0.21cuft * | 0.21cuft *

Edited by joe_prince

i was thinking of the plexi glass windows to look like this. and i wanted the port to be in the middle like that too, just a little smaller.

8 Cubes @ 34 hz Pair of 15's- Plexi - SSA Car Audio Forum

Hope this gives you a better idea.. and this box is 8cubes. i wanted mine to be 7.5cubes.

Thanks man

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/75-Cubes-34-hz-t21381.html

This box ^^^ with a little smaller flared port and the plexi windows from the first link. Will this work out?

Edited by joe_prince