So i decided to take another look at the sub and I connected my speaker wire to one set of voice coils....it worked. Hooked it up to the other set of voice coils....it worked. Tried to use both coils in series and then parallel to the other sub and.....it stops but the other one still keeps going fine?

can any1 explain this? I already have been in talks with a recone but now this is just confusing the hell out of me.

So i decided to take another look at the sub and I connected my speaker wire to one set of voice coils....it worked. Hooked it up to the other set of voice coils....it worked. Tried to use both coils in series and then parallel to the other sub and.....it stops but the other one still keeps going fine?

can any1 explain this? I already have been in talks with a recone but now this is just confusing the hell out of me.

Maybe try all new wire. Then follow this picture to the minute detail

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Im positive it is wired right but I will do runs of all new wire tommorrow.

Is it possible that one of the wires got messed up? that has never happened to me didn't know if it was possible.

If the wire runs next to each other, it could have gotten hot enough to melt internally and short against the other lead.

If the wire runs next to each other, it could have gotten hot enough to melt internally and short against the other lead.

Physically cannot do that unless the spiders are gone.

Physically cannot do that unless the spiders are gone.

Believe he was talking about the wires going to the sub.

each coil is reading .8 on the 1ohm speaker.

I heard that if my subwoofer won't work but the coils are reading correctly

the issue is mechanical and a recone will not do anything, is this true?

What caused the damage was the neg and pos wires from the amp to the speaker

were reversed.

You heard wrong. The recone will fix it all.

The damage has nothing to do with you hooking the positive and negative up backwards. It's caused by over excursion as Nick has already explained.

User error.

yep had this happened to me with a pair of audiobahns i had hooked up to my home theater system.. those hellicopter scenes fck up car subwoofers.. lol

were reversed.

The damage has nothing to do with you hooking the positive and negative up backwards. It's caused by over excursion as Nick has already explained.

User error.

yep had this happened to me with a pair of audiobahns i had hooked up to my home theater system.. those hellicopter scenes fck up car subwoofers.. lol

a subwoofer is a subwoofer

were reversed.

User error.

josh-duhamel-transformers-3-19-3-10-kc.jpg

464909285_a146b87d58.jpg

were reversed.

User error.

josh-duhamel-transformers-3-19-3-10-kc.jpg

464909285_a146b87d58.jpg

dont even get me started on that scene.. :droolcup:

black hawk down <-- must be the true subwoofer cooker :P

Sounds like you wired each coil out of phase.... That is what it seems to me...

Nope, then you'd have equal power going to each sub but the sound waves would be canceling each other out. Thus giving you lots of movement, but not boom boom.

He wired one in series and one in parallel. Sending one more power than the other because of the lower ohm load.

I know for sure the sub was not wired in parallel.

The weird caseright now is how the sub will work if only 1 set of voice coils are hooked up but they cannot be mixed together, both sets work. LIke it is a svc sub. I'm just playing around with it a little now but plan on sending it out soon.

Has anyone had the problem of not being able to use both sets of coils on a subwoofer before? What in the sub caused this problem since it looks fine, reads fine on the coils, plays on each set of coils but not when they are hooked together.

Try sending power to one coil and take your DMM to the other coil. Measure the voltage coming off of it.

Sounds like you wired each coil out of phase.... That is what it seems to me...

Nope, then you'd have equal power going to each sub but the sound waves would be canceling each other out. Thus giving you lots of movement, but not boom boom.

He wired one in series and one in parallel. Sending one more power than the other because of the lower ohm load.

Ya your diagnosis seems correct but I was saying that the COILS were out of phase. No big deal lol. The x-con is a DVC sub right?

yea they are DVC the speaker works only if hooked up to each voice coil seperately.