Totalnewbie007

Drew up a little design for the E8's

Specs are per 8 subs 1/2 of the box, I used bb6 to calculate a box prism w/ a truncated edge, and basically doubled it and put both sides on top one another.

Fb is actually the f3 on the picture, and the calculated fb for three 34" long 2"x10.58" ports @ 2.392 cubes is 45.26, but I did not take into account the flared aspect of the alligator mouth style of this box, but added it's length to the port length...so it kinda is a mystery.

IMAGE_097.jpg

The box is

22" tall, 24" deep, and 35.5" wide.

It will house two wedges that will hold 8 speakers each, with about 2.4 cubes for each set of 8, giving them .3 cubes each, but these only need .28 each in a sealed box, and .6 recommended for a ported. If it doesn't tune right, I could seal it. I have trouble with reaching the mechanical limits on these so this small box may let me put some extra juice to them. They will see 187.5 watts right now with my saz3000d, and hopefully will have some low extension, If all works out right I may just throw another 3000d on them, but for now this will be good.

Not bad at all. A single one would prob work well in a trunk application if so desired.

Keep us infomed on your tests if you wouldn't mind. I def would be interested to see results.

I've done a sealed version of this box that was not as tall, but instead deeper. It was my loudest design in my stratus, but not loud enough so I kept trying new ideas. I expect this one to really rock.

I remember seeing that build n ca.com. Nice work there and took guts to do half what you did to fit it in. Even tho I would do the same.

Thats good to hear. I didn't think it would due to the addition of the cross brace, and even then I don't thnk there would have been any problems without the brace.

Thats good to hear. I didn't think it would due to the addition of the cross brace, and even then I don't thnk there would have been any problems without the brace.

I removed the cross brace a while ago! hahaha, the only thing keeping it apart was the box itself.

Nice, I'm always looking for ideas to do in my Stratus.

Can I see a link to your build?