djman37

OMG another which is louder! DD vs RE

Which set up for SPL? 4 12"RE SE at RMS or 2 DD 9515?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which set up for SPL? 4 12"RE SE at RMS or 2 DD 9515?

• The SEs take 600rms x 4
    • the DDs take 1200 rms x 2
    • The DDs can take some serious abuse up to 4800watts per sub. I'd get them fresh from recone from DD

My 9515's didn't start getting 'loud' until around 2200 watts + ~ 6-7 cubes / driver.

So you're looking to compete I take it?

My 9515's didn't start getting 'loud' until around 2200 watts + ~ 6-7 cubes / driver.

So you're looking to compete I take it?

I'm gonna give it a shot. Been toying around with the 4 RE SE idea, but came across the DDs, so I'm torn. jntar and I went in on a TL and it's sittin' in my office calling to me :woot::rockwoot::rockwoot::slayer::rockwoot:

the SE's are not the best for SPL comp, if you have the power and the current to back up the amplifers, the DD's will bend some metal

the SE's are not the best for SPL comp, if you have the power and the current to back up the amplifers, the DD's will bend some metal

That's what I hear. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Alice at DD(one of the company owners) and I'm gonna give them a go. Now I don't have NEAR the rest of what I need, electricaly speaking. I've got a foundation I hope that will soon start to boom. :faintthud:

That's what I hear. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Alice at DD(one of the company owners) and I'm gonna give them a go. Now I don't have NEAR the rest of what I need, electricaly speaking. I've got a foundation I hope that will soon start to boom. :faintthud:

:woot: we are going to have TONS of fun!!!!

Yessir, I just gotta get this DD thing goin'

I've also talked with a guy that has MT 18's reconed with ATOMIC softparts.

I can get the two for $600 plus shipping.

Any thoughts on that setup??

I dont think we have room for 2 18s. Unless you really want to run in modified.

CRX style? facing up port to the rear?

Id be willing to bet you would be past the window line. What is the depth of the 18s?

Id be willing to bet you would be past the window line. What is the depth of the 18s?

hell, i don't know. I'm workin' this DD deal at the moment. The 18's would be rather large, huh?

I would also look into the PowerBass Extreme's or Inciminator DP's

the DP's are an all out SPL driver, the PBX's are an SQL driver that has been doing great numbers

Having heard the DP a few times, I wouldn't call it an ALL OUT SPL driver, it makes a great street beater too!

All out SPL would be like something from ATOMIC.

The install also makes a difference

All out SPL would be like something from ATOMIC.

The install also makes a difference

heh funny.

I put my money on a MT :)

I was told t3h Atomic's got smoked at nearly every show when something good showed up in the same class, so I didn't go with them. Mind you that as last year.

dont get nick started on Atomic,

yes they get damn loud, and yes the screwed me bad when I was supposed to compete for them last year, but they have some weak parts to some of their drivers, and the APX and new APXX need serious power to get them rolling, after seeing how the business was run and the patchy quality of some of the subs I am not a fan

dont get nick started on Atomic,

yes they get damn loud, and yes the screwed me bad when I was supposed to compete for them last year, but they have some weak parts to some of their drivers, and the APX and new APXX need serious power to get them rolling, after seeing how the business was run and the patchy quality of some of the subs I am not a fan

Well thats not good news.

Not much can compare with mike at SS though

hmm..Autotek ? ;)

is that the etronics thing? The DD board guys were saying 3K per!!!

Anyone know an amp that'll maybe get that, 6k, or close at .25 ohm??

I've found 4k already, but not down to .25. I'd have to order the subs differently.