ClinesSelect

Has anyone tried a RL-p 12

Has anyone tried a RL-p 12 in a .75 ft^3 box which is the minimum recommended sealed enclosure?

Right now I have one RL-p in a 1.15 ft^3 enclosure. I have a second RL-p gathering dust but the largest box I could build would be .77 ft^3 net per sub.

Worth building or not :huh2:

man thats small... im sure 2 would still get louder, but they wouldnt be anywhere near their potential. what kind of vehicle is it?

Do you really need that much bass in such a small space? Maybe you need to revisit your current install? And if it is just a matter of "I want everyone to hear me coming" then put both woofers in the bed and call it a day.

Do you really need that much bass in such a small space? Maybe you need to revisit your current install? And if it is just a matter of "I want everyone to hear me coming" then put both woofers in the bed and call it a day.

I don't want anyone to hear me coming. That is a stupid irresponsible use of car audio.

Doing a blow through ends any chance of a decent trade in value so that is not an option. There is nothing wrong with current install, I am just trying to decide whether to build another box and use both subs. If the Rl-p sounds terrible in .75 ft^3, I didn't want waste my time.

Psycho, AVS 20 has 2 MT 18's in his quad cab, i think this " that much bass" doesnt apply here

I don't want anyone to hear me coming.  That is a stupid irresponsible use of car audio.

Good to hear, unfotuneately yours is a rare opinion...and I agree 100%. As for cutting a blow through, don't do that. And maybe it is just my age but 1 12" sitting under my arm would be more than enough for me and two would be just rediculous, and 2 MTs that are not for compitition is just stupid. I mean we are talking about in the cab with you right. Is there some mystical bass robbing property in trucks? How about just porting the single woofer?

psycho....full size extended cabs trucks are actually fairly hard to get real loud, with out a wall. there isn't many, if any , that i know off breaking 150 legal without a wall. i ran two 15" treo ss's in my dodge ram quad cab, at it's loudest, did a 145.5 outlaw on the tl (memphis st1000d for power).

cline...a few options i'll suggest....

1) we did this in an OBS silverado. build ur box to be ur seat. i'd buy another used seat (in good shape), and seperate the seat from teh back, if possible. anyway, the goal here is to attach the seat foam and cover unto the box and reattach the back. this way, u have all the room u need for those subs.

2) build ur box to go under the back seat. the way dodge seats are attached to the floor, u can simply build risers to raise the seat up enough (i've seen pics at sounddomain where they raise the back seat as much as 4") to have a pair of 12's under there.

3) remove ur back seat and build a sweet ass custom job that uses most of the rear area showing off all ur skills and equipment.

4) build an all new center console that runs to the back of the truck. this way u can also use the room under the back seat if need be. both subs can still be up front...

i will like to see teh center console idea personally...but it's ur truck, ur money.

and i dunno about running the rl-p in that small of a box. while i'm sure it would work, i doubt u'll get the lowend extension that they are known for.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

psycho....full size extended cabs trucks are actually fairly hard to get real loud, with out a wall. there isn't many, if any , that i know off breaking 150 legal without a wall. i ran two 15" treo ss's in my dodge ram quad cab, at it's loudest, did a 145.5 outlaw on the tl (memphis st1000d for power).

1) we did this in an OBS silverado. build ur box to be ur seat. i'd buy another used seat (in good shape), and seperate the seat from teh back, if possible. anyway, the goal here is to attach the seat foam and cover unto the box and reattach the back. this way, u have all the room u need for those subs.

2) build ur box to go under the back seat. the way dodge seats are attached to the floor, u can simply build risers to raise the seat up enough (i've seen pics at sounddomain where they raise the back seat as much as 4") to have a pair of 12's under there.

3) remove ur back seat and build a sweet ass custom job that uses most of the rear area showing off all ur skills and equipment.

4) build an all new center console that runs to the back of the truck. this way u can also use the room under the back seat if need be. both subs can still be up front...

i will like to see teh center console idea personally...but it's ur truck, ur money.

and i dunno about running the rl-p in that small of a box. while i'm sure it would work, i doubt u'll get the lowend extension that they are known for.

Thank you for the suggestions. This is what I have tried in the past year:

MTX Thunderform with MTX 6500 series subs

MTX Thunderform with Rockford Fosgate HX2

Probox 60/40 with RF HX2

Probox with Adire Brahma Mark II

3.5 ft^3 slot vented box with RE SX15

.9 ft^3 sealed Corian box with 2 Adire Brahma

1.75 ft^3 slot vented box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

1.1 ft^3 sealed box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

1.5 ft^3 sealed box with RE SX15

1.1 ft^3 slot vented box with 1 Adire Brahma

1.25 ft^3 Precision port vented box with 1 Adire Brahma

1.25 ft^3 Precision port vented box with 1 Alpine Type R

1.15 ft^3 sealed box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

The larger boxes on there did not allow me to reinstall the OEM arm rest which I really want to keep. The max dimensions I can do are 9H x 14.75W x 36L.

I can't take out my back seat as I need that for my kids although I could replace the 60/40 rear seat with two single seats and I would have a ton of room in the center.

I emailed Mike to see what he thinks. Unless he says it's not worth doing, and since it appears no one has tried it in a .75 ft^3 box, I am going to go ahead and build it and see how it sounds.

I had no idea and I wanted to get a truck, I might have to rethink it now. Damn it, it's not car audio it's car witchcraft...........You know the more I learn the more confused I get :Doh:

Thank you for the suggestions. This is what I have tried in the past year:

MTX Thunderform with MTX 6500 series subs

MTX Thunderform with Rockford Fosgate HX2

Probox 60/40 with RF HX2

Probox with Adire Brahma Mark II

3.5 ft^3 slot vented box with RE SX15

.9 ft^3 sealed Corian box with 2 Adire Brahma

1.75 ft^3 slot vented box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

1.1 ft^3 sealed box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

1.5 ft^3 sealed box with RE SX15

1.1 ft^3 slot vented box with 1 Adire Brahma

1.25 ft^3 Precision port vented box with 1 Adire Brahma

1.25 ft^3 Precision port vented box with 1 Alpine Type R

1.15 ft^3 sealed box with SoundSplinter RL-P 12

The larger boxes on there did not allow me to reinstall the OEM arm rest which I really want to keep. The max dimensions I can do are 9H x 14.75W x 36L.

I can't take out my back seat as I need that for my kids although I could replace the 60/40 rear seat with two single seats and I would have a ton of room in the center.

I emailed Mike to see what he thinks. Unless he says it's not worth doing, and since it appears no one has tried it in a .75 ft^3 box, I am going to go ahead and build it and see how it sounds.

60/40 rear seat? i wish mine had had that..lol....could of made for an interesting install!!

i like the fact that ur nor afaird to try stuff, as listed above. which is ur favorite sub/box combo? favorite sub?

i ran the 8" hx2's under the rear seat in my dodge..did a best of 139.6 outlaw on the ac. so about a 136 or so tl. next to the rl-i8, the hx2's are my favorite 8's ever!

psycho.....lol....even in my new silverado, with an 18" solo x and an orion 2500d, the best i've done is 144.4 outlaw on the tl. of course box impedence robbed me hardcore here. as by testing, 52-53hz is where the truck/box combo is the loudest, and at the frequency the impedence is 2 ohms warmed up. so the s18x did that number with ~1700wrms...but i've since purchased an amp rated to do it's power at 2 ohm..lol...just waiting on it to get here...and if i can keep my voltage up, that's at least 3600wrms....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It does have the 60/40 rear seat.

My favorites are my current set up (1.15 ft^3 sealed with the RL-p 12) and the Corian box I built for the two Brahma 10s. The Brahmas are my favorite subs although the RL-p is impressing me more and more.

Mike did email me back and felt I did not have enough room for two RL-ps. Time to start thinking of some way to get a little more airspace.