Sign in to follow this  
cleavenger74

Oz Audio ME 15

Thinking about picking up this sub. Oz Audio Matrix Elite 15" . I think its rated at 700 rms- my amp ,boston gt-28, puts out 1100x1 @ 2 ohms which is what this sub would be wired for -2 ohms- since it is 4 ohm dvc. Would this be a good match?

If you know how to tell signs of distortion and abuse, can control the volume knob wisely and know how to set your gains accordingly then I dont see why not. Headroom is always a plus, just know when to back off or you will mess up the sub. Also what size enclosure will this sub go in, if you make the box on the small side or smaller then recommend enclosure size then the sub will be able to take more power than rated, just an FYI.

If you know how to tell signs of distortion and abuse, can control the volume knob wisely and know how to set your gains accordingly then I dont see why not. Headroom is always a plus, just know when to back off or you will mess up the sub. Also what size enclosure will this sub go in, if you make the box on the small side or smaller then recommend enclosure size then the sub will be able to take more power than rated, just an FYI.