eman88

Subwoofer with OEM Radio - Line Out Converter Suggestions?

This my current situation:

2006 Honda Accord coupe, stock everything. I plan on keeping the stock door speakers and just adding a subwoofer.

I have:

Pioneer DEH-p6000 headunit

Sundown SAE-1000D amp

SSA 10" Icon Subwoofer

I had everything hooked up in my xterra, but recently sold that and bought the accord.

This is what the radio/climate control area looks like

HondaAccordStr0103040301.jpg

The only adapter I have found is this for ~$150 which I think looks pretty bad. Ignore the lower headunit in that picture.

27345d1143426447-2003-2004-2005-honda-accord-carpc-dscn1381.jpg

I am thinking about just buying an AUX or Ipod input for music, and staying with the stock headunit. I did some research, and it seems like a line out converter would allow me to hook up my amp and sub.

How is the quality with a line out converter vs a quality headunit connected to the amp with RCAs?

Are there any line out converters you all would recommend? I I tried to do a search but didn't find much about specific models.

Thanks!!!

I'm using a scosche loc-80 now and it works fine. I haven't measured the voltage coming out of it though I would imagine it's low. I tried running a sae-1200dv2 off of it and for whatever reason the crossover on the amp would not work properly, however it would work fine with an external crossover (you might not need this). It works fine with my directed 1200/5. Just hook the LOC upto your rear channels.

Are you trying to use a LOC or add a headunit? I'm confused after reading your post again.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

I'm using a scosche loc-80 now and it works fine. I haven't measured the voltage coming out of it though I would imagine it's low. I tried running a sae-1200dv2 off of it and for whatever reason the crossover on the amp would not work properly, however it would work fine with an external crossover (you might not need this). It works fine with my directed 1200/5. Just hook the LOC upto your rear channels.

Are you trying to use a LOC or add a headunit? I'm confused after reading your post again.

Sorry for the confusion, I am trying to avoid adding a headunit since I feel like the install looks bad.

I will use a LOC assuming the signal is still good.

a company called PAC let you hook up an amp to your OEM radio. you can find them on ebay

Yes. That's it. I have one in my truck now with no problems.

Yes. That's it. I have one in my truck now with no problems.

Just to clarify, can I use that and still power my speakers off the headunit? I will only be adding an amp for a subwoofer.

Yeah. Just use the subwoofer RCAs for your sub amp