BumpinLTC

Two Questions one Sae-1200Dv2

So heres what is on my mind. First off i am wondering how to wire a subwoofer down to a one ohm load due to there being two sets of speaker terminals. Maybe a noob question but i cant figure it out. Second and this mite be harder to answer. Will this amplifier overpower a Fi BL15 with with the hyper pole upgrade or would it be able to take the juice without messing anything up? Any elightenment would be appreciated.

Which voice coils did you order on the sub? D1 or D2? Check the12volt.com for subwoofer wiring diagrams. The BL should take the power fine, just set your gains accordingly. Be sure to read the stickies here on the forums located in various sections. All the guides can be very useful.

not enough info.....

what vc is the sub? dual 1 dual 2?

not enough info.....

what vc is the sub? dual 1 dual 2?

what kinda amp. model number?

Sorry i just thought about not giving enough info. Well as the title says it the amplifier is sundown audio SAE-1200Dv2. As for the bl it would be the D2 coils (which i forgot to mention srry) so it can be wired to one ohm. thx again.

Inkfx. I just read the sticky u were talking about. I didnt notice the technical section on the sundown forum :trippy: but im still confused as to what terminals to run the positive and negative to or is that irrelevant. lets say these are teh terminals. - - ++ would i run teh wires to the the first negative and the first positive or middle negative and positive or outside negative and postive or as stated before is it irrelevent. Inkfx i kno what load i can get out of the d2 coils lol because ive used the 12volt.com since my very first walmart (sony explod) worthless setup. But its always been a two channel amplifier setup so im kinda new to the monoblock of this type with two sets of terminals.

Edited by BumpinLTC

They are color coated.

Inkfx. I just read the sticky u were talking about. I didnt notice the technical section on the sundown forum :trippy: but im still confused as to what terminals to run the positive and negative to or is that irrelevant. lets say these are teh terminals. - - ++ would i run teh wires to the the first negative and the first positive or middle negative and positive or outside negative and postive or as stated before is it irrelevent. Inkfx i kno what load i can get out of the d2 coils lol because ive used the 12volt.com since my very first walmart (sony explod) worthless setup. But its always been a two channel amplifier setup so im kinda new to the monoblock of this type with two sets of terminals.

It's irrelevant. Just make sure you get the positive to the positive and the negative to the negative.

Oh i did not notice that they were color coded from the pictures that i saw. so to clarify i would wire a d2 in parallel to get the one ohm load then run teh wires to the outer set? the pic im going based off of looks like - - + + and has a line (that says speaker in the middle) that touches on the outer negative and positive terminals. So would that be correct set of terminals? or the inner set or irrelevant?

the amp is parallel inside so if you wire one set of terminals to each amp terminal. it would get a 1 ohm load...or you can wire the sub in parallel and hook it up to one set of amp terminal