Hell-Razor

AA SMD 15" woofer

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody has gotten to test out the new SMD woofer. I was thinking of selling my current lvl 5 15" dc woofer and getting a SMD 15. As of right now my trunk is pressed for space and I cannot give the level 5 the room it needs. Well I can but then I run into other problems. Looking at the SMD 15" specs it looks like it recommends a 2-4 cuFt box. As of right now, my level 5 is in a 3.5cuFt box and I was told to rebuild it to at least a 4.5 cuFt box. Well I can split the difference and probably get louder with this new sub. Also, building a box the biggest recommended space makes it better in spl competitions (which I want to do really bad).

Just looking for some input and this is just an idea I may do later in the summer...

You should try giving that LVL 5 5k of power, that's when I heard they get LOUD!

Alright I shall try that. May be more expensive but ill see. Right now I am throwing a 3500D at it.

EDIT:

I was thinking of keeping the box a bit smaller (4 cuFt) and strapping another 3500D to it. Not sure yet though.

Edited by Hell-Razor