MX_racer

Is this box diagram OK for 12" RL-p?

Hi guys. I am going to build the box for an RL-p 12" today. I made some measurements in the wagon, and made this design. Take a look at the attached diagram. I first made external measurements, and then I adjusted for the 3/4" MDF. That adjustment took away a LOT of cubic feet, so I need you to verify that the calculations look correct. Sorry, but this forum won't allow me to upload the spreadsheet. Thanks,

MX

Sub_Enclosure.doc

with sub displacment figured in, u will have NET volume of 1.24ft^3, which is fine.

have fun today on the enclosure and don't forget....

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

OK, I will give it a try. I just got back from Lowe's with the supplies. I will post pics of my progress later tonight.

MX

:fing34:

OK, box is done. The finished product came out with a little more cubic feet than planned. Plan was around 1.25 - 1.3. Final space is around 1.42. Do you think this will be OK?

Enjoy the pics.

MX

post-963-1125288201_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288214_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288226_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288246_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288255_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288273_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125288282_thumb.jpg

Usually you buy the sub then make the enclosure....:lol2:

is the 1.42 before or after sub? if before sub, then subtract the .18 and u get 1.24...lol....which is what i i got earlier in this thread...

it looks really good, nice and solid.

i like ur thinking....build the enclosure, the sub will come. :fing34:

and with ur planned 600wrms, that ought to really sound sweet!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

mrray,

Actually, the finished product is 1.42. Somehow I missed the calcs, since I was originally planning for 1.25. The 3/4" internal measurments through me off once or twice :Doh:

The box is very solid, and the fit into the Audi was flawless. I designed the back ridge to slide under the cargo bar in the back. Fit was to the 1/16th inch.

Now I just need to find someone to carpet the box. Matching navy blue carpet would look like it was straight from the Audi factory :D

MX

mrray,

Actually, the finished product is 1.42.  Somehow I missed the calcs, since I was originally planning for 1.25.  The 3/4" internal measurments through me off once or twice  :Doh:

The box is very solid, and the fit into the Audi was flawless.  I designed the back ridge to slide under the cargo bar in the back.  Fit was to the 1/16th inch.

Now I just need to find someone to carpet the box.  Matching navy blue carpet would look like it was straight from the Audi factory  :D

MX

is it the same measurements u have in ur spreadsheet?

carpeting is the beyotch..lol...i know some ppl can throw carpet on in no time, but not me..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

box is looking good, cant wait to see the RL-p in there