adirevolvo

Pic's of the Pimp'n Volvo :)

Yeah I know my car sucks but I'm 16 and its my first car so I like it. These pics are old though. Things I have done since them:

Made the bumpers black like new

Took the rear emblems off

Washed it lol

Finished the trunk so its not bare dynamat and wood

stuff like that

The main reason I'm decently happy with it is that it's RWD and I can drift it. Yes, I drift an old volvo! real dirfting, not just lame ebrake truns and whatnot. I'm in the middle of making a video of it so watch for it. :D

Edited by adirevolvo

i dont know how to put a bunch of pics in one post...sry

great pics, cant wait for the vid, and ohhh weeee Brahma

Hey. thought id post up these pics lol. word of advice, DONT EVER DIRFT VOLVOS

:+1:

:+1:

:+1: Edited by adirevolvo

:huh:

it "was" a toyo z800 ultra from les scwab. I know there not made for dirfting, and they are not at all made to stand up to going sideways, but its still very odd that is just kinda of all of a sudden blew. All the tires presures were checked before hand, the tires were about 8 months old and had about 6000 miles. What it looks like is the sidewall gave out kinda. the back side of the tire is all warped and crap. Also, the tread on that tire was starting to look how rubber gets after getting old, and the other 3 were looking fine. I think it might have had somthing to do with the tire. Its a rwd car and this was from the front driver side. 35mph, that really is not that fast......i was stupid for what i did though, it was dark out, and i know the place, and i knew that there were two sections to the pavement, and one was about 3 inches higher then the other. and of course i went into a drift with a passanger trying to show off, and not thinking I did it about 15 feet away from that gap, and I slid right over it....at first i thought it was just my like scraping on somthing and the skid plate under the car, but it was the wheel riding the gap between those 2 levels of pavement...i guess the title for this thread should be dont show off and drift.....i do kinda know what im doing, i was just not thinking....and now i have to pay for it....

ouch man, lol

I had a sorta similar situation,

during my intership, I was doing some track camera drive by's in a 97 Integra Type R, it had some work done to it, and I was in the "general" area of 143mph and I got the call on the radio to pull in to the pits for a few to let the car cool down on that hot day, and super lucky me, lol on the decelleration to the pit lane the passenger side front tire blew, side wall was gone, I could have sworn that they were Z rated tires but this particular one could not take the stress I guess, so I was uber lucky that it did not blow on turn 8 cause I would have been punted over the wall and into the woods

Now I hope you're not just doing this out on the street or in some parking lot. Not to be preaching, but if you are, that's pretty irresponsible, or stupid none-the-less, and you should be happy that's all that happened. Let's be safe out there guys! B)

Lesson learned ... :D

Tire should have held up a little better then that, though.

- Steve

Now I hope you're not just doing this out on the street or in some parking lot. Not to be preaching, but if you are, that's pretty irresponsible, or stupid none-the-less, and you should be happy that's all that happened. Let's be safe out there guys! B)

yeah, im done with drifting, cuz it is stupid.

it was safe when i did it in terms of no other cars near be, and nothing (bedies that pavement thing) within like 400 feet in any direction. It was at an old navy base on the helicopter take off pad thingy. it was not "legal" but a cop could not have done anything cuz its owned by this gated neighborhood right next to it on the water and my friends who were there all live in that area so it was legal for us to be there, and traffic laws do not apply. -aaron

I was on a track, and I have to find the video of me spinning the 3rd M3 comvertable ever in the US out into the grass,

they kept saying push a little deeper into turn #1 to get the tail to come out, and it was, but then I went to deep and WOOOSH, hhehehehe look out :wacko:

Could it be a metric rim and a standard tire? It looks to me like it rolled the bead. A standard tire will fit a metric rim, but the bead will give away in a hard turn situation, particularly on a cool day.