inkfx

At a loss here...

Yeah it just sucks since I've had 1 SAE-1200D crap out on me already. Just not in the mood to have downtime right now and pay shipping charges on sending the amp in. I'm pretty sure it's under warranty but I guess I wont know for sure until I talk to Jacob. I'll be absolutely crushed if it's not. I do NOT have the money to buy a new amp. It's sad because all my friends with their Hifonics and Quantum Audio doubt the power and quality of Sundown amps. But I guess they have a right to since they don't have any problems and I seem to always have something going wrong.

be careful with all the cuttin out. i know you're trying to de bug the problem but if it keeps cutting out and sending that clipped signal to your subs you could end up with a bad voice coil. which is what just happened to me.

Thanks for the suggestion but clipping is not the issue here. The subs cut out no matter where the gain or volume is set.

gotcha man. and i looked at your sub setup. you could get a lot louder if you put a aq 2200 on it if you were looking to competing

Yeah, I've been thinking about upgrading to something around 2k but I don't have the cash right now. I'm sure all will go well with this Sundown RMA so I may try and step up to a 1500D or a 2000D if Jacob will let me. If not, I may just save up for a little bit and pick up an AQ2200D. All depends on the RMA. My last one went really smoothly so I'm sure this one will too. Jacob is a great guy and knows how to run a business.

Edited by inkfx

yeah, the way to get loud is over powering. the trick is to have enough brains to know when to turn down that bass knob

I babied this SAE-1200D so I'm really surprised it just quit working all of a sudden. I've had a stressful ass week as it is and this doesn't make things any easier. :\ Music and my car are one of my coping methods so it sucks to be without.

just rock those mids man. haha, i know how you feel though. i had to come to terms with a lot of crappy situations in my system over the past month. just took it rationally and it all worked out.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have voided the warranty by opening it up for those pictures.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have voided the warranty by opening it up for those pictures.

I was simply trying to eliminate the possibility of something being burnt. I just wanted to be as thorough as I could before jumping to conclusions. I cant even begin to think how ridiculous that would be. Man thinking about that makes my anxiety go up.

Looking at guts doesn't void a Sundown warranty, as long as you didn't tough anything.

Yeah definitely didn't touch anything. Just looked inside to make sure nothing was burnt. I'm not an amp repair man so I have no business poking around in there. :P

Well I didn't mean to scare you, I just know a lot of manufacturers have that policy. I've had a number of amps with tape seals over the screws for the back plate on the amp and if the tape had been removed or messed with for any reason, the warranty was void. I couldn't remember if my SAE1200D had that on the back.

The warranty is not voided by opening it up - as long as nothing is removed, modified, etc.

Well Jacob here gave me a nice list of options I have. Now I just need to decide if I want to give another go at a SAE-1200D. Perhaps 3rd times the charm? At any rate, I will have to wait till Friday when I get paid so I have a few days here to decide what to do. Once again, I'm very pleased with the customer service. Dealing with Sundown is like night and day with most companies out there.

Well I didn't mean to scare you, I just know a lot of manufacturers have that policy. I've had a number of amps with tape seals over the screws for the back plate on the amp and if the tape had been removed or messed with for any reason, the warranty was void. I couldn't remember if my SAE1200D had that on the back.

I see those stickers a lot in the computer world. Any power supply you buy will have that sticker on the case. Also, any desktop you buy from Dell or HP has these stickers as well. However I'm convinced they use the stickers on the desktops as a marketing scam to lock people out of upgrades or easy hardware fixes.