Reza

Just receieved my new RL-p

Yesterday morning i received my new RL-p :bigok:, finally after waiting for 6 weeks. It's a very meaty subwoofer, i underestimate the size of the packaging and thought it would be light, big mistake. Anyhow, the unit is in perfect condition, the box is damn strong.

Here's the pic....

post-826-1125712034_thumb.jpg

post-826-1125712075_thumb.jpg

post-826-1125712097_thumb.jpg

post-826-1125712125_thumb.jpg

I also tried the new woofer last night for a very brief time (comparing with IDmax), i use the box that is designed for IDMAX, around 0.8-1.0 cuft, i know RL-p won't like that box given 1000rms (using RF 1001BD). Preliminary listening session was sattisfying, i really like the characteristic of the woofer (not as 'dry' as IDMAX), almost the same as my old Orion 2NT, bass is clean and puncy. In that particular box, IDMAX can really hit low note , while RL-p doesn't seem to get it, ID also hit harder. I'll build a bigger box for RL-p for a rematch and will use Tru tech Hammer for the amp. However, given the price i paid for RL-p compare to IDMAX (RL-p is exatcly half the price of IDMAX in AUS), IDMAX doesn't sound twice better, and i believe with bigger box, sonic performance will be closely match albeit ID will give louder output.

Some pic with IDMAX.....

post-826-1125712971_thumb.jpg

post-826-1125713092_thumb.jpg

How much power you feeding the RL-p?? I want to build a box that's perfect match for RL-p with 1000rms.

Up until today I was running 1200 watts in a 1.25 ^3 feet (35.5^3 liters) sealed, but I am building larger box 57 literish and trying ported with 1000 watts. The sealed enclosure gives me great lowend, and all around sound was tight and punchy and clean :fing34: With the gains set so I was not clipping the amp, the sub would take everything I gave it. (I think I will be louder with the ported enclosure even with a little less power), and with it tuned to 32 Hz should give me the solid bottom end I so have come to enjoy, will keep ya posted.

Up until today I was running 1200 watts in a 1.25 ^3  feet (35.5^3 liters) sealed, but I am building larger box 57 literish and trying ported with 1000 watts.  The sealed enclosure gives me great lowend, and all around sound was tight and punchy and clean  :fing34:  With the gains set so I was not clipping the amp, the sub would take everything I gave it.  (I think I will be louder with the ported enclosure even with a little less power), and with it tuned to 32 Hz should give me the solid bottom end I so have come to enjoy, will keep ya posted.

ported box huh?? i guess i don't get to build that one... lol...

don't forget ot post pics and reviews!!

reza...i'd suggest the same box for u sealed, 1.25ft^3 (35.5ltr^3). the rl-p does a great job in that size enclosure....u could alos bump it up a lil, around 1.35ft^3....either would be a good choice...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Up until today I was running 1200 watts in a 1.25 ^3  feet (35.5^3 liters) sealed, but I am building larger box 57 literish and trying ported with 1000 watts.  The sealed enclosure gives me great lowend, and all around sound was tight and punchy and clean  :fing34:  With the gains set so I was not clipping the amp, the sub would take everything I gave it.  (I think I will be louder with the ported enclosure even with a little less power), and with it tuned to 32 Hz should give me the solid bottom end I so have come to enjoy, will keep ya posted.

ported box huh?? i guess i don't get to build that one... lol...

don't forget ot post pics and reviews!!

I am not getting rid of the box you built, just experimenting...if i like what I hear, then we shall talk about a nicely constructed Kent built :domoslay: ported enclosure instead of the ghetto box i am hacking. If I don't like it, well I got a kick butt sealed that drops right in :D

Up until today I was running 1200 watts in a 1.25 ^3

Reza, great pix man,

but wait until you have the RL-p in a ported box (that is when the sub shows how sweet it is)

don't get me wrong, the IDMAX is a great sub in all accounts, but I prefer the RL-p

Ported box eh?? I'm willing to try that enclosure, how about do i build one?? I have idea about building a sealed one, but haven't think much about ported one. Willing to help me?? I want to hear RL-p spank some IDMAX arses :D, people down under are in IDMAX 'bandwagon'. Cheers.

From what I hear, these things sound as well ported as sealed. I have had mine a few months and started out looking strictly for SQ. I am 40ish and at this point my hearing or lack there of is important. But after hearing of several people hitting some incredible numbers with these things in ported enclosures my curiosity got the best of me and I have to give her whirl. I guess that the slot ported enclosures kick arse, bit I lack the experience in building one of those to help you out, PM Aneonrider (scott) or mrray (kent) and both these guys are tremendous assets at your finger tips. I have a regular cab truck, so I have severe space issues, but from what i have heard 2 cubic feet with 32 inches of port area. I built mine at 1.5 cubic feet with dual 3" ports and should have it in and powered by tonight and will let you know my first impressions.

with a 1000wrms on tap reza, u really need the 2ft^3 tuned to 32-34 hz ported enclosure. anywhere from 25-35in^2 of port will work just fine.

i ran mine in ~2ft^3, 32in^2 of port tuned to 34hz and wow...that sub rocked! loud, low and responsive! from 750wrms to 1200wrms, the rl-p in that size box is a dream!

if plans are what u need, like finebar mentioned, get ahold of aneonrider (scott), who will be more then happy to design and provide a cut sheet...if dimensions are all you need, i'll be more then happy to help as well...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Found an unused larger box around 1.5, i use some program to determine the volume, i don't think it's accurate though. Well the sub seems to hit better, it can go real low and manage to shake my car's floor (Mercedes E class), my 2 15's in my C class cannot do this at same volume. I listen to Jazz music on the way home, and it's a very sweet experience. I only use 500rms from the Pioneer monoblock, hmm can't wait to try it with my hammer and build a proper box.

Found an unused larger box around 1.5, i use some program to determine the volume, i don't think it's accurate though. Well the sub seems to hit better, it can go real low and manage to shake my car's floor (Mercedes E class), my 2 15's in my C class cannot do this at same volume. I listen to Jazz music on the way home, and it's a very sweet experience. I only use 500rms from the Pioneer monoblock, hmm can't wait to try it with my hammer and build a proper box.

So does that mean with the new box it now surpasses the performance of the ID's?

Have to wait till tommorow when i can get the owner of the ID to do h2h listening test.