Impious

Digital Cameras

Need you guys to throw out some options for digital cameras. My son dropped ours today, which is okay because it was an antique. Anyways, budget for a new camera is $150 or less, preferably less. Refurb is okay from trusted online sellers like Tigerdirect/etc. I know nothing about cameras. Features/benefits of one camera over another might as well be written in German. Just looking for something that takes clear, crisp pictures in a relatively compact form (my two biggest complaints with our current camera....it's pictures are shit and it's gigantic). I don't have steady hands, so if it has something fancy that takes a crisp picture with shaky hands, that'd be an added bonus.

I just got my wife a Nikon L20 for Valentine's day this year. I like these camera's for several reasons: 1. They run on standard AA batteries, alkaline or rechargeable's that's a great feature as you can get batteries anytime. 2. It uses a standard SD card, which is good because they can be used pretty much everywhere and in almost everything. (printers, picture kiosk's, etc.) 3. 10 (or 12) Megapixel camera, takes fantastic pictures that can be printed to very large sizes. 4. The camera is easy and intuitive to use, doesn't take a bachelor's degree to figure out all the features. 5. It has Anti-shake picture steady technology, so if you're not the most steady person (even bordering on palsy) you can still get great pictures.

That's why this camera and most of the Nikon models are on my list of :D to get.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys!

I've been surfing on Walmart's website and it seems that their prices beat even the online retailers. For example, the Nikon L22 (I'm guessing it's a newer version of the L20?) is $129 @ ecost but on sale for $99 @ Walmart, Nikon S570 is $150 @ Tigerdirect and $130 @ Walmart. And given they can do free site-to-store and are super easy to return products to in the event I don't like the camera, I think I might go the Walmart route.

Are these decent?

Walmart.com: Nikon Coolpix L22 Black 12MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom: Digital Cameras

Walmart.com: Sony Cyber-shot W330 Silver 14.0MP Digital Camera w/ 4X Optical Zoom: Digital Cameras

Fujifilm AX250 Silver 14MP Digital Camera Bundle, 5x Optical Zoom, 2.7" LCD, HD Movie, Image Stabilization includes 4GB SDHC card, Camera Case, 100 Bonus Prints Offer Reviews - Walmart.com

Walmart.com: Nikon Coolpix S3000 Black 12MP Digital Camera w/ 4x Optical Zoom: Digital Cameras

We've got this one:

Kodak EASYSHARE M1063 10.3 MP Digital Camera (Silver)

Very easy to use, good quality pictures and videos. The only thing is the battery life seems to go downhill pretty quickly (rechargable Li-ion). Other than that it's been a good camera. Our daughter dropped it a few weeks ago and the lens got stuck in the extended position. Camera wouldn't function at all. My brother-in-law messed around with it for a while and got it back in the tracks and it's worked fine since.

I just got my wife a Nikon L20 for Valentine's day this year. I like these camera's for several reasons: 1. They run on standard AA batteries, alkaline or rechargeable's that's a great feature as you can get batteries anytime. 2. It uses a standard SD card, which is good because they can be used pretty much everywhere and in almost everything. (printers, picture kiosk's, etc.) 3. 10 (or 12) Megapixel camera, takes fantastic pictures that can be printed to very large sizes. 4. The camera is easy and intuitive to use, doesn't take a bachelor's degree to figure out all the features. 5. It has Anti-shake picture steady technology, so if you're not the most steady person (even bordering on palsy) you can still get great pictures.

That's why this camera and most of the Nikon models are on my list of to get.

You have piqued my interest.