Sign in to follow this  
Slumpin

how good are the koda components?

i can get a pair of koda 6.5 inch components with the tweets and crossover for 175 bucks.. i want something with good midbass but i dont want only midbass. does that sound like a good deal? i had been thinking about the rainbow dreamlines for 300 but i dont know how they compare to the kodas, have heard good things about both but never a comparison. they'll be going in sealed kickpanels in my 87 trans am

Koda comps are supposed to be quite good with great midbass being the outstanding feature, iirc. New, I think they retail for something like $350 or so from Adire. The $175 you're looking at sounds like a good deal.

Or, you COULD look at some top-of-the-line Illusion Audio components I'm selling. Great midbass, a smooth sounding chambered silk tweeter and a bi-amp capable passive x-over with tweeter attenuation jumpers. Check the sale section. If you're willing to spend $300 on Rainbows, maybe you could spend a little more for the Illusion Carbon series. Maybe???

Shameless plug! :Doh:

The Illusion audio comps are just cool. especially with the reverse magnet.

those are really nice, but i dont want to drop quite so much on a component set, i kind of capped myself off at 300

those are really nice, but i dont want to drop quite so much on a component set, i kind of capped myself off at 300

Well, if you decide you can spend a bit more, PM with an offer..... I'm needing to move these guys and am willing to negotiate a bit.

:lol: