Mako1215

Fi Noob Question

What do you think of a 12" Fi SSD with Flatwind coils and BP Power?

--- And how do you know if they have these or not?

What do you think the RMS of it is, and also how much would you pay for one without a box?

I'm thinking of buying one off of my friends buddy. I think he got around January/February of this year.

So any comments are greatly appreciated.

What do you think the RMS of it is, and also how much would you pay for one without a box?

I'm thinking of buying one off of my friends buddy. I think he got around January/February of this year.

go to the fi website

www.ficaraudio.com

I've just been into car audio for maybe 6 months now. So the website doesn't help me much.

I suck I know.

I found explanations of it. So would a 12" SSD with BP and Flatwind be able to handle 1200rms?

And how will I know what to look for to make sure it has BP and the flatwind coil??

Edited by Mako1215

you will not be able to tell if the subwoofer has those extra options. Pretty sure it says he RMS on the SSD's on the website

you will not be able to tell if the subwoofer has those extra options. Pretty sure it says he RMS on the SSD's on the website

Yes, but isn't that listing for the stock sub?

yes it can handle 800 rms stock and with the extra stuff it could handle a few hundred more watts

Do you already have the amp you are going to be using with it?

No not yet. Right now I can get 1 12" Fi SSD with supposed flatwind coil, and BP power for around 120$

So I was going to grab that first, and if I liked it grab another and amp according to the power.

yes it can handle 800 rms stock and with the extra stuff it could handle a few hundred more watts

Ok thanks. I was just wondering if anyone had really tested it to get more of a accurate number.

Dude, why have you not asked me? It's slim on 502. lol

Dude, why have you not asked me? It's slim on 502. lol

LOL,

I was about to post there.

You now have PM on 502

Edited by Mako1215

Ok thanks. I was just wondering if anyone had really tested it to get more of a accurate number.

Honestly it hardly matters. You'll likely never know exactly what your amplifier is putting out anyways. Furthermore, you can always limit what the amp does put out simply by turning down the gain. So you can put a 2000 watt amp on an SSD and have absolutely no problems as long as you know how to use the gain.

Morel of the story- pick up the amp you want for the sub and don't worry about it. Just listen and watch for signs of the sub stressing and turn it down at that point.