Sign in to follow this  
jlc1991

Upgrading to 2 Nightshade 15's

im wanting to step my subwoofer game up to 2 nightshade 15's. currently i have 4 rockford fosgate p3 12's in a ported box tuned to 37-38hz powered by a sundown 3500. i have 2 interstate batterys in the back and an optima red top up front, 200 amp alt, big 3 in 0 awg, 1 run of + and - 0 awg to the back. all this is in a 4 door chevy blazer. right now my 12's are doing 147.2 at 46hz and they stay in the high 146's on music. my main question is if i upgrade to 2 nightshade 15's and put them in a 6.5 cuft box ported to 32-34hz, will there be an audible difference in sound? my good buddy brought up this point to me. i just want to be sure itll be louder before i go spend 1000 bucks on subs. ive been really impressed with vids i have seen of nightshade 15's and have no doubt that they will go 150+ on more power which is my long term plan

edit: i can post pics of current setup if need be

Edited by jlc1991

The Nightshade is built for SPL and depending on your enclosure there should be no reason they won't be louder! Your vehicle makes a difference as well.

sundown FTW

They will sound different, I can guarantee you that. Whether the difference will be to your better liking is hard to say. The 12s have more cone area. But my guess is the 15s will sound louder due to the lower tune. On a meter....impossible to say.