DCarter

BL 15" Box Help Please

Hey everyone ! I got the aq1200d and the 15" BL ready but i made a ported box that i want to make smaller for more room in the trunk and its just a pain to get in. :(

I was just wondering what is the smallest ported box measurements I could use to get as much as i can out of the sub while being tuned to around 32-33 hz.

Please help! thnx :)

the fi car audio site tells u what the minimum requirements are. why don't u post up the room u want to use and see if somebody will check and see if its enough room.

yeaahh i will check those out.

Im currently at 17 high which i want to lower by sanding down the MDF. 30 Wide which would be nice to decrease and 25 deep which i would also like to decrease, and a 3.5 inch wide port and 23 inch deep.

mostly looking at taking away some depth and height so its easier to take in and out of the trunk and leave room for my sports equipment ! :)

Edited by DCarter

Don't go below 3 cubes internal volume, and do post up dimensions.

im fine with anything that is noticeably smaller in size than my current box, which i posted the dimensions above. While staying at 32-33hz if possible

Dimension ideas maybe

Height: 16"

Width: Up to 30"

Depth: 20"

Thats just a rough

Please let me know if i can post any more info that will help

thanks guys :drink40:

I dont mind if the hz changes a bit.

I mostly listen to rap and hip-hop and sometimes techno and rock so anything works :) I just want it to pound hard and to be able to feel the bass shaking my body lol

Edited by DCarter

That's about 4.4 cubes gross. You can get a box out of that. Use a 6" aeroport too, that will help cut down on port displacement.

That's about 4.4 cubes gross. You can get a box out of that. Use a 6" aeroport too, that will help cut down on port displacement.

you mean the dimensions i put for the smaller box will be fine ?

aeroport as in the cylinder ports right? Im kinda leaning towards a slot port

what would the size of the slot have to be with the dimensions you were thinking or agreed with

thnx :) appreciate it

Edited by DCarter

im looking for a box with dimensions:

Height: 16"

Width: Around 25"

Depth: Up to 20" or smaller

Tuned around 32-33hz would be perfect ! :drink40:

Please give me specific dimensions including slot port dimensions