Sign in to follow this  
Stat-Man

Will this work well ? ?

Hey guys im kinda new to the audio world and i am disappointed in the system i got now (two 12's 600rms each) so im looking for somthing a little bigger, I got two Kenwood KAC-9105D amps, i was wondering if i could strap them together for the 1800 rms roughly and get the 15" SSA XCON D2 (1750rms) if the wiring capabilities were there and if not anyother options that would hit n use the amps well

-Thanks

I don't think you can strap KAC-9105D amps.

I would sell the amps and get a single amp to power the xcon.

Whats your electrical consist of? running 1800watts on stock electrical isn't going to work too well...

They are stappable as far as the user manual and kenwood says : " The KAC-9105D also has a Dual Mono Drive connection that allows you to strap two KAC-9105D amps together to power a single subwoofer—that’s 1800 Watts of power". and iv done the Big 3 and got 0 guage ran for my old set-up, i relize ill need a battery or two, but i have no problem gettin rid of them if i can w/o losing to much $$ on them to get a replacement

i read up on these and you can strap them but you wont get 1800rms two strapped will produce 1800 peak is what their website has tested

Well then I guess they will work :P

do you know how many amps your stock alt produces?

The xcon is an excellent driver. If I could afford it, I'd get it.

Reading through the forum, you may find people saying it's geared more towards SQ then SPL, but don't be mistaken they get loud, very loud ;)