Tirefryr

What should I buy

Ryan's new ride  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• 85-87 G-body with TT small block Ford
    • 96-97 T-bird with blown 4.6 2 valve
    • wait to find a nice Mark VIII

I'm sick of looking for a nice Mark VIII, so I have a few ideas but I can't lean in either direction.

I love the G-body GMs, but I'm a huge Ford guy so I've always wanted an 85-87 Regal or 87-88 Cutlass and drop a twin turbo small block Ford in it. You can guarantee it's never been done, and well, I just want to do it.

Also been digging the 96-97 T-birds lately, and I'm very familiar with them and their powertrain. Building the 4.6 is relatively simple and cheap, so it would be easy and unsuspecting. . .

Or should I just wait until I find a nice Mark VIII that I swear I don't do anything to other than wheels, tires, and big brakes, but I know damn well I am going to go crazy on?

Dammit.

im a mustang fan. since i didnt see f-body on there my gm choice would be a t-type or GN

Maybe I am getting old and have been driving a big heavy 2-door for too long, but I voted Mark VIII.

im a mustang fan. since i didnt see f-body on there my gm choice would be a t-type or GN

It would be a standard Regal. I am not about to hack up a T-type or GN. Besides, they are all far too pricey for this to work anyways.

Maybe I am getting old and have been driving a big heavy 2-door for too long, but I voted Mark VIII.

They're all big, heavy 2 doors. ^_^

It would be a standard Regal. I am not about to hack up a T-type or GN. Besides, they are all far too pricey for this to work anyways.

You wouldnt need to hack up a t-type or GN just build on the already great platform.

It you really want to fun a ford engine i vote the regal

You wouldnt need to hack up a t-type or GN just build on the already great platform.

It you really want to fun a ford engine i vote the regal

That's the whole point. I want something uncommon. One of the reasons I sold the Stang. SBF powered G-body, nobody has. Boosted 2V T-birds are out there, but extremely rare. As for the Mark VIII, I've always wanted one, but they are hard to find in good condition.

They're all big, heavy 2 doors. ^_^

But on in the Mark VIII, you are not driving, you are cruising.

I voted for the G-body :drink40: I've had :peepwall: a 79 regal and a 86 cutlass......wish I never had got rid of them :puzzled:

yummy lincolns FTW

get a mk3.. supra :)

If I'm going to own an import it will be Italian or German, perhaps British, never Asian.

smcasf.jpg

G-BODY FTMFW!!!

Putting a Ford motor in such an amazing car FTMFL!

smcasf.jpg

G-BODY FTMFW!!!

Putting a Ford motor in such an amazing car FTMFL!

It wouldn't be a T-type or GN, so it's not like I'd be destroying the originality. I see enough LS engines in Mustangs, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned. And I'm a Ford guy, so it has to be Powered By Ford.